What tint doesn't fade? I'm so confused.

Guest confusedAcura

Guest tintjam65
I was reading they replaced atx with ctx. so now I really dont know because ctx hasnt been out long either.

LLumar makes ATR film too. I would think that if my rep is saying ATX and CTX are constructed in the same fashion as ATR except for the ceramic instead of metal, what would the worry be over it not being out for very long. Atr has been around as long as I've been tint :lol2 ing, at least.

if it does fade, that's what warranties are for right?

If it's written in the warranty.

:lol2

Looks like he has been talking to DarkDan. He did a test like that and he posted the results late last year. He set the samples outside his house and didnt move them.

Id have to agree that going with a ceramic would be best. At a low VLT, they will typically produce the highest TSER.

I for the most part shy away from anything made cheap and by cheap labor (Global = Garware = India). :dunno

Whats your basis for this comment, just out of curiousity ?

I for the most part shy away from anything made cheap and by cheap labor (Global = Garware = India). :dunno

Whats your basis for this comment, just out of curiousity ?

:poke I would like to know too. I have been using QDP for a while now and absolutely LOVE it....ZERO issues with it thus far. I switched from Llumar and am 100% glad I did. :thumb

Guest tint51
it was hard to find any llumar dealers that carry atx. I found one about 30 miles away so I'm going to him thursday. atx sounds expensive but it's less than 1% of the cost of my car so I think I can justify that.

Why do u care so much if you seem to only want car for 3-5 years... Just go top brands.. They all fade they are all different.. It is open you everyones option... So go with your gut and go for it... Must will warranty..for that long.. and if it all depends on how much in a garage or out in the sun 24-7..come on...

Seems like a lot of wasted time...1% of car cost?? if it is what you want then why does it matter..u almost sound like a used car delear..lol :dunno

it was hard to find any llumar dealers that carry atx. I found one about 30 miles away so I'm going to him thursday. atx sounds expensive but it's less than 1% of the cost of my car so I think I can justify that.

Why do u care so much if you seem to only want car for 3-5 years... Just go top brands.. They all fade they are all different.. It is open you everyones option... So go with your gut and go for it... Must will warranty..for that long.. and if it all depends on how much in a garage or out in the sun 24-7..come on...

Seems like a lot of wasted time...1% of car cost?? if it is what you want then why does it matter..u almost sound like a used car delear..lol :dunno

that is so what bothers me about huper optic the cost is no where close to being sane, if you only keep the a car for three or four years...just about 85% of all films will last that long..I would think it wouldn't matter what film you used as long as its proffessionaly install and it makes the car look more appealing?

Archived