91 Firebird

Guest t.queen

Guest t.queen

FRIDAY, I STARTED A 91 FIREBIRD BACK WINDOW IN ONE PIECE. ONE SIDE DID FINE, WHEN I GOT TO THE OTHER SIDE, IT WOULD POP UP AND WOULDN'T STAY DOWN WHILE TRYING TO HEAT IT. CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF A ONE PIECE CAN BE DONE? OR DO YOU HAVE ANY POINTERS TO GET THE JOB DONE. I REALLY NEED YOUR OUTPUT ON THIS ONE, BECAUSE THE CUSTOMER IS COMING BACK MONDAY. THANKS

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

sometimes these cars need an extra person to heat the outside of the glass while you press down each side. I usually install with alot of solution and only squeegee out half at a time and heat down the first side so it sticks, then squeegee out the other side and heat. One piece isn't that hard once you've done a few

Guest Sprinter

last one of those I did I used the soap method made a cross H pattern with one coming down the middle then separate the two big fingers and shrink out with a paper towel wrap around a yellow hard card, it took awhile. you can also do it with not shrinking it out cut it out and stick it squeegeeing from the center out.

Guest t.queen
last one of those I did I used the soap method made a cross H pattern with one coming down the middle then separate the two big fingers and shrink out with a paper towel wrap around a yellow hard card, it took awhile. you can also do it with not shrinking it out cut it out and stick it squeegeeing from the center out.

I'VE TINTED ALOT OF CARS INCLUDING CORVETTES AND HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH ONE PIECE. I'VE NEVER TRIED THIS METHOD OF NOT SHRINKING.

I'M REALLY SCARED TO. DO YOU HEAT WHILE WORKING FROM THE CENTER OUT? OR DO YOU JUST SQUEEGEE. THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

I'VE TINTED ALOT OF CARS INCLUDING CORVETTES AND HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH ONE PIECE. I'VE NEVER TRIED THIS METHOD OF NOT SHRINKING.

I'M REALLY SCARED TO. DO YOU HEAT WHILE WORKING FROM THE CENTER OUT? OR DO YOU JUST SQUEEGEE. THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

Ok, if you did corvettes (especially the z06 ) in one piece then it should not be any harder to do the 91 firebird, however if it has an aftermarket glass then thats a differnt story, but anyway you mentioned you did one side fine and the other side lifts up, mabye you should do a little bit of one side then move to the other, to keep things even.

Also, there is an old post on here about doing a 90's model camaro back window where you lay everthing down and leave a single or two huge fingers in the middle, then wave the gun shrink em some, lift the film off the glass re-wet, then lay back down (finger is smaller ) repeat, ect till it lays down smooth all the way. And when you install, then turn up the pressure on that squeege. Search for the post or I will see if I can find it...there are also some posts on the "aftermarket " back windows on those things that can be a pain.

Guest t.queen

Ok, if you did corvettes (especially the z06 ) in one piece then it should not be any harder to do the 91 firebird, however if it has an aftermarket glass then thats a differnt story, but anyway you mentioned you did one side fine and the other side lifts up, mabye you should do a little bit of one side then move to the other, to keep things even.

Also, there is an old post on here about doing a 90's model camaro back window where you lay everthing down and leave a single or two huge fingers in the middle, then wave the gun shrink em some, lift the film off the glass re-wet, then lay back down (finger is smaller ) repeat, ect till it lays down smooth all the way. And when you install, then turn up the pressure on that squeege. Search for the post or I will see if I can find it...there are also some posts on the "aftermarket " back windows on those things that can be a pain.

Guest t.queen

I'm doing one of these now and can't get it to shrink right.  I'm using black pearl hp 04. I tried the usual h pattern but just couldn't figure out how to navigate the sides at all.  Of course the center laid out perfect but the side h anchor wouldn't even hold the film in place. What am I doing wrong!?  I can't even 2 piece it together because it has no defroster. 

Archived