Is this EVER normal?

Guest NOLA Who Dat

Guest NOLA Who Dat

Was curious if it is ever acceptable practice to stop the edge of the film between the gaskets on double gasket roll ups?

I was thinking NEVER! Cause ultimately isn't the film going to peel overtime if it doesn't right after install?

Involve in a little bet with someone who knows it all.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno

most newer vehicles have a double gasket, and its not an issue to stop between the two. on certain vehicles, you can stop above the top one and be fine, such as on newer full size GM vehicles.

unless of course you use SG, then it'll peel no matter what....

Guest NOLA Who Dat

Ok.....but is it an acceptable practice or is it something done in a pinch for time or after figuring your gasket wizard or door panels can't be pulled for what ever reason.

I guess what I getting at is that its a good practice to sink the film below both gaskets yes?

Jeff

Guest scottydosnntkno
Ok.....but is it an acceptable practice or is it something done in a pinch for time or after figuring your gasket wizard or door panels can't be pulled for what ever reason.

I guess what I getting at is that its a good practice to sink the film below both gaskets yes?

Jeff

its all personal preference and how much you trust the film to not peel on you, as well as the vehicle.

I don't use a gasket wizard and don't pull any panels, I just slide/tuck the film in place with zero issues. However, the way the panels stick up on the newer style GM trucks/SUVS, as well as the ford f-series trucks with the outside gasket being 1" higher than the inside, its no problem to leave the film above both gaskets. The way the seals are theres no light gap, and it makes it a lot less likely that any finger will pop up after install since you can heat the entire bottom edge of the film.

Guest scottydosnntkno
:lol2 getting deep in here...

Scotty,, you might have peel problems ..... some of us don't have those issues :dunno

did I say I have peel problems :lol

using SG though, surprised you don't....

No, it does not need to go below the lower gasket.

plain and simple

Archived