Kicking off the season

Guest Lee

Hey guys,

Just a couple questions. No matter what I have done thie year, for some reason I have been getting little specks of contamination in my film. My tint bay has a 360 degree hepa filter, All vehicles are sprayed off before entering the bay. The windows are rolled down and the frames cleaned and wiped off inside and out. The glass is scruped and scraped inside and out. Once I get done cutting and shrinking the film on the window I clean the inside of the glass again with a scrubby and squeegie the glass. I remove the protective layer and spray my slip solution on the film and then spray the window, and transfer the film. My water is filtered using a 1 micron filter and then through a pur filter incase there were any contaminent in the faucet. I am using J&J Baby shampoo as my slip agent. We have blacked out the bay and had a halogen flash light inside to see if there were enviromental contaminets, which were very little specks of dust. Sometimes the little white specks seem hard like grains of sand, wired.

Any suggestions on what else it could be?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno

I don't know, but you do a LOT more preventative measures than I do.

You will always have a couple specks in the job, you can't eliminate everything.

yeah I know tinting is not perfect, unless they are a BMW owner of course. It is kind of random where the specks will be as well. I might not get any on the drivers side, but some on the passengers side. It has be rethinking all my preventative measures. I have adopted the "Glass is for looking through, not looking at" motto on my tint guidelines.

chemical-protective-suit-357128.jpg ....sounds like your last resort

to hell with that!! Maybe I will just tintin in the nvde, the bay windows are already 5%....woohoo Ill rename my store Big Johnson Tints

:lol2

Probably stirring up a bunch of dirt running around doing all that prep. Problem with any car that has been outside is there is dirty in every crack and crease of the car. Might try spraying you water to make sure you are washing contamination away from the glass.

im with the your doing to much prep.....just cleanem and tintem....if you get a speck its part of the deal...if you get a rash re do it.....with all those preps how many vehicles are you getting done in a day....

during peak tinting I can get 3-4 cars done per day

Hey guys,

Just a couple questions. No matter what I have done thie year, for some reason I have been getting little specks of contamination in my film. My tint bay has a 360 degree hepa filter, All vehicles are sprayed off before entering the bay. The windows are rolled down and the frames cleaned and wiped off inside and out. The glass is scruped and scraped inside and out. Once I get done cutting and shrinking the film on the window I clean the inside of the glass again with a scrubby and squeegie the glass. I remove the protective layer and spray my slip solution on the film and then spray the window, and transfer the film. My water is filtered using a 1 micron filter and then through a pur filter incase there were any contaminent in the faucet. I am using J&J Baby shampoo as my slip agent. We have blacked out the bay and had a halogen flash light inside to see if there were enviromental contaminets, which were very little specks of dust. Sometimes the little white specks seem hard like grains of sand, wired.

Any suggestions on what else it could be?

where are you peeling the film from? try misting the air around you/the window with a couple sprays before peeling your liner.

Archived