Kicking off the season

Guest Lee

Hate to say it but some film manufactures include contaminants in their manufacturing process.

I have taken a sharpie and circled the defects and sent the film back.

Might inspect the film.

Put on a pair 1.25 reading glasses and inspect under a bright light.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys,

Just a couple questions. No matter what I have done thie year, for some reason I have been getting little specks of contamination in my film. My tint bay has a 360 degree hepa filter, All vehicles are sprayed off before entering the bay. The windows are rolled down and the frames cleaned and wiped off inside and out. The glass is scruped and scraped inside and out. Once I get done cutting and shrinking the film on the window I clean the inside of the glass again with a scrubby and squeegie the glass. I remove the protective layer and spray my slip solution on the film and then spray the window, and transfer the film. My water is filtered using a 1 micron filter and then through a pur filter incase there were any contaminent in the faucet. I am using J&J Baby shampoo as my slip agent. We have blacked out the bay and had a halogen flash light inside to see if there were enviromental contaminets, which were very little specks of dust. Sometimes the little white specks seem hard like grains of sand, wired.

Any suggestions on what else it could be?

where are you peeling the film from? try misting the air around you/the window with a couple sprays before peeling your liner.

I am peeling the liner on the window.

Hey guys,

Just a couple questions. No matter what I have done thie year, for some reason I have been getting little specks of contamination in my film. My tint bay has a 360 degree hepa filter, All vehicles are sprayed off before entering the bay. The windows are rolled down and the frames cleaned and wiped off inside and out. The glass is scruped and scraped inside and out. Once I get done cutting and shrinking the film on the window I clean the inside of the glass again with a scrubby and squeegie the glass. I remove the protective layer and spray my slip solution on the film and then spray the window, and transfer the film. My water is filtered using a 1 micron filter and then through a pur filter incase there were any contaminent in the faucet. I am using J&J Baby shampoo as my slip agent. We have blacked out the bay and had a halogen flash light inside to see if there were enviromental contaminets, which were very little specks of dust. Sometimes the little white specks seem hard like grains of sand, wired.

Any suggestions on what else it could be?

where are you peeling the film from? try misting the air around you/the window with a couple sprays before peeling your liner.

I am peeling the liner on the window.

do you typically remove panels and peel off the whole liner at once or work the half peel deal?

half peel, once the top is secure, I will flip the tint up and spray and squeegie the bottom of the glass that was in the felt, then spray and peel the layer off and tuck the film in the gasket.

half peel, once the top is secure, I will flip the tint up and spray and squeegie the bottom of the glass that was in the felt, then spray and peel the layer off and tuck the film in the gasket.

if your really aiming for that 99.9% job eliminating the gasket and getting out of the habit of the half peel is my :shoot1 sounds like you have your prep down perhaps its the install. I have a guy working for me that thinks he ranks with the best there is. hes good but most of the work I see from him has some amount of contamination or creases at the peel points. its all fairly minor but its all about the bar your setting for yourself.

Archived