Kicking off the season

Guest Lee

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this was me last year:

first off I thought you were asian :shoot1 . dont touch the film. I see you rinsed your fingers thats great for peeling the liner but thats a bad habit. prep then spray the window then peel then install. it looked like you peeled off the liner then reached over it for something. then walked around the car, sprayed then reached over your clean window. minimize the steps and keep the film in a more well thought out place. all the little movements and reach overs are getting you for sure. years ago I used a cloth type seat. took me a bit to figure it out but everytime I sat in it a cloud of dust fluffed. for the life of me I couldnt figure it out until I saw someone else sit in it.

usually I peel the liner, while spraying the slip solution, then walk around the door, spray the glass, reach over the frame and lift the film around and install it.

usually I peel the liner, while spraying the slip solution, then walk around the door, spray the glass, reach over the frame and lift the film around and install it.

touching the adhesive side of the tint and reaching over clean windows will cause contamination. it also took you 30 seconds from time you peeled it to get it on the window. time between the last cleaning squeegee and tint on glass should be like 15 seconds. you should be cleaning the window right before peeling the liner too.

Spray the glass first, then go peel. Usually since the glass is angled back you have less of a chance of contamination falling on it. If you are peeling off the body, the glue is facing up and when you walk away stuff can fall on it

yeah that one was in the new shop. Its usually less then 10 second from when I put the film on now. I have been adapting my process to try and eliminate any possible variable from contamination.

so you guys suggest peeling the liner with the film off the vehicle? Incase some overspray was to drip back down onto the adhesive.

alot of people prefer a piece of glass on the wall next to where you pull the car in. I peel off the car but I do it different. I pull panels. then the whole liner and sliiide it in. I put the front doors on the back and the back doors on the rear fender. its crazy but that sht is legit

You might want to rinse out your spray bottles well and refill them every day, dont top off, and use good spray triggers and change to new one more often. I am surprised it wasnt already mentioned, that the spray triggers eventually wear and little pieces of plastic particles gets sprayed between the film and the liner.

If the "specks" on the window all look sort of whiteish(not air around it) then that could be the case.

Also , even though I have not looked at your you tube video, what "Mike s" said, makes sense . you have to "sense the dirt, dust ect" and always stay a step ahead of it, it is the small elimination steps that give clean installs, after a while you "sense" dirt and feel "confident" when there is none to contaminate your glass, and if yu do handle tha film and have to "touch" it , then rub your fingers together as you spray them clean, and keep your fingernails clean and practice "softly pinching" the film with your fingernails instead of letting the film "touch your fingertips", its like when you use your hand to make an "OK" sign.

Archived