Kicking off the season

Guest Lee

I rinse my bottles out before each job, usually replace them every other month. The contamination is not always in the same place, unless the window is pitted or scratched prior to the install. I use a razor for a final clean to remove anything that might be stuck to the glass. I use a degreaser on in my handwash prior to starting to tint, I use the slip solution to help control the contamination that might be on my hands before handling the tint.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I rinse my bottles out before each job, usually replace them every other month. The contamination is not always in the same place, unless the window is pitted or scratched prior to the install. I use a razor for a final clean to remove anything that might be stuck to the glass. I use a degreaser on in my handwash prior to starting to tint, I use the slip solution to help control the contamination that might be on my hands before handling the tint.

Not lying, just get it on. Some of my cleanest work comes when I am just tinting and not thinking about tinting. It's when I am over thinking things that it always seems to go down hill.

Your using good film.

A peel board would work wonders for you bud.

Why dont you order an install dvd from them and try a different way.

I am having a piece of glass cut, 52" x 60" I just fixed a mount to the wall to hold the glass. Should be large enough to hold most pieces. Additionally I was thinking about designing and making a mobile peeling area with a piece of glass fixed to a wood frame with casters to roll around the vehicle...just a thought.

G

I am having a piece of glass cut, 52" x 60" I just fixed a mount to the wall to hold the glass. Should be large enough to hold most pieces. Additionally I was thinking about designing and making a mobile peeling area with a piece of glass fixed to a wood frame with casters to roll around the vehicle...just a thought.

That's what I do, one on the wall and one to move around, that way the tint is just a couple feet from the glass

install DVD? Im just a small shop, did 500 cars last year, don't think I need an install dvd. I talked with Dave from LLumar Texas branch last year and he thought it was enviromental, but then we realized that we lacked on prep, so we started to do more.

I have heard my employees tell me that I am the most|\|4L person when it comes to tint and that we have a 95% satisfaction rate with our tinting.

Guest scottydosnntkno
That means you had 25 people come back last year complaining, figure more that didn't bother to come back to complain. That's WAY too many in my humble opinion.

:thumb

Archived