Vent visors

Guest betsgtp

Guest betsgtp

I dont know what it is but it seems as if the last ten cars ive done have had vent visors. People are putting them on whatever these days. They look good on trucks but some of the sedans look like crap with them and not to mention some can be a pain in the a** to tint around. I used to take them off until I cracked one trying to take it off. Now I just leave them on. I was wondering what everyone else does?

Guest tintguy31707

I've never really had an issue with Vent Visors... I know we sell a ton of them here...

I just soak it down real good on the outside so the tint don't roll off the top ... I dont know you and don't know your experience, but maybe you could try using a slightly larger roll so you can push it over the top of the door while you cut your edges? Wait... just remembered an old school nissan frontier was a son of a bit with vent visors on it..

they are a PITA sometimes, but after I cut the sides and roll down the window until I can see the glass under the visor Ill do a quick cut under the visor and tuck it under the visor until I can do my finish cut on the top of the glass.

Guest betsgtp
they are a PITA sometimes, but after I cut the sides and roll down the window until I can see the glass under the visor Ill do a quick cut under the visor and tuck it under the visor until I can do my finish cut on the top of the glass.

Thats exactly what I did today on a tundra. For some reason on that truck I had to roll the window way down till I could see the top . I probably make my cuts different than most though because I like to make my top cut first, roll up the window, hit the sides and then cut across bottom. It may sound weird but oh well.

I almost always took them off. I would align the bottom edge first,cut my verticals and then roll it down to cut the top. More than once the film hung up on the vent shade and creased or messed up the film. I got to the point where I would tell the custy they were going to be taken off and there was no promise they would not break when doing so. And I was not going to put them back on. Take it or leave it.

Archived