getting into PPF ?

Hey guys firstly id like to say ive got a tint shop in sydney aus, basically the off season is near and im scared.

how would I go about getting into PPF ? any tips and tricks , do I need a plotter or can it be done by hand ?

im a sponge here so soak me in any info you have !

I need to look at other services for my shop to offer because the bills dont stop in the off peak season as much as we would like them too haha !

first thing is to either get some training or get with a shop that does it. Obviously its going to be harder in your location, but distance shouldn't stop you. It can be done both by hand or kit. The one tool that I use that I feel might be the overlooked is the steamer. This website has a wealth of knowledge as well as xpels.

I was trained on kits, and can cut my own using the plotter, but I still feel I have a lot of improvement even after 6 years. The guys that bulk cut are amazing...I'd love to see it done. I havent done it day in and day out, but Ive got easily 400+ under my belt (mainly Nissans). I would still consider a course to take, but ppf is certainly not a huge part of my biz. I just did a 2010 F150 King Ranch today though.

Guest Pro-tectFilmMelissa

We have a lot of information on our website and we offer training here at our facility in Las Vegas, Nevada. I know that is a long ways away from you but it would be worth it. We have trained people from many countries that are now running sucessful business back home. Please check out our Pro-tect Website and contact me if there is anything I can do to assist you further. :thumb

Warmest regards,

Guest XPEL AUST

Hi Mates,

I would gladly assist you in adding Paint Protection Film to your business. I am the Australian distributor of XPEL PPF and products. Please find my contact details and I can come in and see you.

Cheers

David

Office: Unit 17- 287 Victoria Road, Rydalmere, NSW 2116

Phone: 1300 427 465

I was trained on kits, and can cut my own using the plotter, but I still feel I have a lot of improvement even after 6 years. The guys that bulk cut are amazing...I'd love to see it done. I havent done it day in and day out, but Ive got easily 400+ under my belt (mainly Nissans). I would still consider a course to take, but ppf is certainly not a huge part of my biz. I just did a 2010 F150 King Ranch today though.

TintJunkie, come visit us right up the road in San Antonio for advanced training. When you can get cars done quickly, without a lot of headaches, it makes more sense for it to become a bigger part of your business. The margins are much better than tint if you can keep your install times down.

Archived