HELP! Film wont stick!

mustangdroptop96

Yeah like I said I've never seen anything like it, he actually brought it back so I could vinyl the top defrost line and I've been messing with the little bubbles, but he said it doesnt bother him. He said the car looks perfect.

After tinting for 7 years youve never had that happen?? Have you ever tinted a Lexus, or Altima?

For whatever reason, the film I use does that quite a bit, no matter how I shrink it. It is possible though that there was some sort of residue on the lines where it wont stick even when dry...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just did a 96 Impala SS tonight and had the same problem I had earlier, it was on the passenger side only, I tried heating it, pushing it along the defrost, relief cuts. Nothing works, I know its not the film because I've tinted at least 3 cars this week and had no problems

as a LAST resort you can always splice the film. start heating on the left side of the bump thing and work the air to the right. what to avoid is heating to side you plan on pushing the air out towards. a handful of cars out there are prone. if you do the lift and pull technique practice shrinking the film flat instead of letting it ripple.

Just did a 96 Impala SS tonight and had the same problem I had earlier, it was on the passenger side only, I tried heating it, pushing it along the defrost, relief cuts. Nothing works, I know its not the film because I've tinted at least 3 cars this week and had no problems

What happens when you heat it up and push it out, then it comes back, is because at the end of the def line, its letting the moisture back in. Try heating up the end of the def line as well. Are you using a torch?

And change your 7 on experience. :thumb

Guest Mo Evo

This happens to me on certain cars. Their called 'peanuts' or 'bananas'. It's cause by the heat shrinking. Dry shrinking gets you less of them but not always. I've been doing LOTS of new Altima's at a dealer and am using Johnson Greystone 10% and they've been kicking my butt. I scrub the inside with 000 steel wool and dry shrink using dryer sheets and have been having problems with the film rippling then coming up entirely while shrinking, and then after the perfectly tinted window dries in the sun for about 30 minutes, the peanuts come up with a vengeance. Everytime I take one car back to the line, the previous car I'd done needs to come back in for a quick heat and press just to get the dam things down. VERY annoying. I never had this problem with Madico Charcool. I think it's the combination of a thicker ply film and certain defroster lines. I'm thinking of trying a different film again.

Archived