Toyota RAV 4 Rear view mirror removal

Guest Scottsfire

Guest Scottsfire

It looks simple as pie, but after pulling and tugging and prying.......no go. Don't want to break it off, so if anyone has any info let me know!!!!

Oh 2010 Toyota RAV 4 is the model

Guest Scottsfire

Thanks Booms!!!

You are once again dead on that idea......

Seems like it has a clip in the back of it much like the window crank clips for roll ups.

Thanks bro and have a good day.......

Guest Scottsfire

Ok....figured I'd come back and give a small report on removing this rear view should any of you decide to do it.

Booms, as mentioned above has one great method mentioned above and is totally do-able, but after looking at this thing today I decided I wasn't going to let it whoop me, here is what I found on the 2010 RAV4 that has no electronics in the rear view mirror.

Step one, slowly and gently go to the bottom side of the rear view cover on the glass mount. Underneath you will see a place to insert a large flat head or door panel tool. Carfully pull this bottom end of the cover away from the glass, then do the same gently above the mirror mount. This little cover if rocked back and forth will come down and drop away from the glass. Underneath you will find a clip that looks like an old roll up window handle clip.....BUT ITS NOT!!!! DONT PUSH IT OUT!!! Grab the whole unit and slide it up off the mount. Once you get the cover off, take a good look at it and you'll get it easily. Piece of cake.

Hope this helps....it sure stumped me for 20 minutes......$$$$

Guest Tint Legend
Ok....figured I'd come back and give a small report on removing this rear view should any of you decide to do it.

Booms, as mentioned above has one great method mentioned above and is totally do-able, but after looking at this thing today I decided I wasn't going to let it whoop me, here is what I found on the 2010 RAV4 that has no electronics in the rear view mirror.

Step one, slowly and gently go to the bottom side of the rear view cover on the glass mount. Underneath you will see a place to insert a large flat head or door panel tool. Carfully pull this bottom end of the cover away from the glass, then do the same gently above the mirror mount. This little cover if rocked back and forth will come down and drop away from the glass. Underneath you will find a clip that looks like an old roll up window handle clip.....BUT ITS NOT!!!! DONT PUSH IT OUT!!! Grab the whole unit and slide it up off the mount. Once you get the cover off, take a good look at it and you'll get it easily. Piece of cake.

Hope this helps....it sure stumped me for 20 minutes......$$$$

Nice one, thanks for the heads up. :thumb Dont try this on the new fords, I learned the hard way :mad

Archived