If the sticker is removed...

I have about 8 cars a day in and out of my store for stereos, and 1/10 are locked radio, the only way to unlock is to take it to the dealership and have them hook it up to the diagnostic machine to retreive the code from the computer....such a hassle.

All I have ever done is call the dealer with my info and the vin and they have been able to give me the code over the phone. One I had to remove and give info from the stereo but that was like a fifteen minute job. I guess I've been lucky? :thumb

I have about 8 cars a day in and out of my store for stereos, and 1/10 are locked radio, the only way to unlock is to take it to the dealership and have them hook it up to the diagnostic machine to retreive the code from the computer....such a hassle.

All I have ever done is call the dealer with my info and the vin and they have been able to give me the code over the phone. One I had to remove and give info from the stereo but that was like a fifteen minute job. I guess I've been lucky? :lol

Your dealerships must like you, over here they are all for themselves and will not help anyone outside of the dealership....its total auto anarchy. They will even tint your windows when you buy a car for an extra $750 ontop of sticker price.

Havent seen that one in a while :zzz

Some people probably still think that if you remove the STICKER the stereo wont work :lol

NO PEOPLE they mean if THE STEREO IS REMOVED it wont work :lol the sticker just states a warning. It has no special diode in it or anything that makes the stereo work :lol

I remember getting questioned on that a few times back in the 90`s :hmmm it was usually women questioning it :zzz

:hmmm

I told her ...everything will be just fine...... :cool

:beer

LMAO, I`ve had ppl who insisted I leave it on there because their radio would not work if it was removed. Told them I would purchase them a new one if it didn`t work after I removed the sticker. Some still wanted it left on there.

Guest Diamond Tints
the only way to unlock is to take it to the dealership and have them hook it up to the diagnostic machine to retreive the code from the computer

Not true !!!!

the only way to unlock is to take it to the dealership and have them hook it up to the diagnostic machine to retreive the code from the computer

Not true !!!!

unless they wrote down the code when they purchased the car in their manual, your right! :thumb

Guest Diamond Tints

Not true !!!!

unless they wrote down the code when they purchased the car in their manual, your right! :thumb

No you can buy aftermarket software that decodes them :thumb

Archived