What is this on the windshield? Never seen before

Does anyone know what this is on the top inside of the windshield on a 2010 Scion TC windshield? I have never seen this before. It is some type of really thick sticker stuck to the inside of the windshield and you can see a slight bulge in th middle of it like maybe some sort of elctronic chip. Customer wants a front strip but this is about 10 times thicker than just a sticker and I did not want to remove it for fear it may actually have a purpose.

Does any one know what it could be?DSC02861.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waht color is the windshield? It's not blue from the outside is it? From the inside it looks like the color of a polarized glass. That is kind of besides the point, but the customer doesn't know? It's his car, maybe its some sort of toll road chip.

Guest scottydosnntkno

my vote would be toll chip too.

use a brand new razor, and give it a little heat and slide the razor between it and the glass with a lot of pressure towards the glass. should come off with almost all the adhesive so you can stick it back on after.

Waht color is the windshield? It's not blue from the outside is it? From the inside it looks like the color of a polarized glass. That is kind of besides the point, but the customer doesn't know? It's his car, maybe its some sort of toll road chip.

The windshield looks normal from the outside. The toll road would be a good guess and still it may be but I dont even know of any toll roads in Alabama at least not around here anyway.

no toll but is a scan bar code for the ports/dealers/manufactor....no good once the car is sold
Uh, it's the tag that comes on the car from the port....it reads that the car is leaving the facility...go ahead and scrape it off. Glad I could help! :spit

Dam Jeff! :spit Slow down! :mad

:mad

Thanks guys, I just didn't want to mess something up Thanks again! :thumb

The windshield looks normal from the outside. The toll road would be a good guess and still it may be but I dont even know of any toll roads in Alabama at least not around here anyway.

I wsa just curious, there is a polarized windshield available and they look brown from the inside out. These other guys seem like they got your answer pretty good. Seems like that should have come off in he detail of the car.

Archived