Everyone Send This form letter to their State Reps

Might be worth emailing this form letter to your state reps. I did and it only took like 10 minutes.

GRASSROOTS LETTER

Sample Letter to your Senators & Congressman

Copy and paste this text into your letter or e-mail

Date

The Honorable [Name]

Address

Dear Senator/Representative [Name]:

As a [fill in your occupation or business name] in [city, state], I am writing in strong support of federal legislative policies important to the window film industry.

I understand that there are various bills now before the Congress including S. 1462 (energy legislation), S. 1733 and H.R. 2454 (climate change legislation), and the “jobs package” now taking shape in the U.S. Senate which contain (or may eventually contain) provisions that are beneficial to window film industry.

With that said, I would like to thank you for supporting the following provisions in legislation that would assist this industry, promote jobs and encourage energy-savings for existing homes and commercial buildings: 1) energy efficiency housing retrofits for windows; 2) home weatherization assistance; 3) tax credits for energy efficiency technologies; 4) Energy Star program to provide consumers with rebates to buy more efficient products; 5) innovation and workforce development resources; and 6) green buildings activities in federal agencies.

More specifically, I support steps to add window film to the list of qualified building envelope components, as it will to help ensure the highest performing window films remain eligible for the Nonbusiness Energy Property tax credit. Further, as part of the upcoming HomeStar energy bill (that may be included in the “jobs package”), I remain hopeful that window film will be carefully considered for inclusion in the list of qualified “Energy Saving Measures” that are eligible for rebates.

Given the critical role that window film serves in both reducing our nation’s demand for energy and encouraging the continuation and creation of green jobs, I ask that the priorities outlined above be carefully considered and included in any relevant legislation before the 111th Congress.

I appreciate your considering my views. I look forward to your written reply.

Sincerely

Dear Senators & Congressman, thank you for taxing me to the point that I must beg you to let some of that tax money be spent on something that fits into your political agenda.

As a humble servant of your ultimate wisdom as demonstrated by your responsible handling of this countries finances, we your lowly servants humbly request that a pittance of the money you take out of the economy be returned in a manner you see fit and hope, with all sincerity that you will see fit to reduce the amount of tribute we pay for the privilege of being lead by such honorable people as yourselves to allow us to purchase window film for our homes.

The meager amount of our money that you let us spend on window film will surely contribute to the effort of reducing global warming, er... climate change. In return, I'm sure the major window film producers would be glad to contribute to your up coming re-election campaign.

Dear Senators & Congressman, thank you for taxing me to the point that I must beg you to let some of that tax money be spent on something that fits into your political agenda.

As a humble servant of your ultimate wisdom as demonstrated by your responsible handling of this countries finances, we your lowly servants humbly request that a pittance of the money you take out of the economy be returned in a manner you see fit and hope, with all sincerity that you will see fit to reduce the amount of tribute we pay for the privilege of being lead by such honorable people as yourselves to allow us to purchase window film for our homes.

The meager amount of our money that you let us spend on window film will surely contribute to the effort of reducing global warming, er... climate change. In return, I'm sure the major window film producers would be glad to contribute to your up coming re-election campaign.

:dunno

Archived