Dry Shrinking vs. Wet Shrinking

Guest Scottsfire

Which do you end up doing most?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you use most often? Why (explain in comments sect)

• Dry Shrinking
    • Wet Shrinking
    • Piece it
    • Other???
  2. 2. When I dry shrink I use which of the following?

• Wet dryer sheets
    • Powder
    • Other (Explain below)
  3. 3. When I wet shrink I use which of the following?

• Slip
    • Foaming glass cleaner
    • Regular Water
    • Other (Explain below)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, I would have never guessed more people dry shrink. I dont know if I do both close to 50/50 or not, but I put wet shrink. I use wax when dry shrinking.

don't you also work at a nissan dealer though? Most of their hatchback windows are relatively easy aren't they?

I am a VENDOR for a nissan dealership. I dry shrink the Altimas b/c the def lines cause "bananas" when I wet shrink, but everything else is wet shrink. I do more dry shrinking at my shop. The only difficult back glass Nissan has is the Altima coupe, and after doing 100 or more, they are really easy to me. Its more difficult to squeeze my ass in the back than it is to shrink the back glass. :bat The easiest is the 370Z hartop, and vice versa for the vert......what a nightmare to get to. Way more difficult than the 350Z's.

I wish. Its a lot of vehicles that are discounted heavily from retail, which amounts to a lot of time, for little money compared to a simple 200-300sq ft flat glass job that takes half a day for the same profit. But, it keeps me busy for our slow weeks.

Guest Darknesswithin
seriously? this can be found in MANY threads.... it is really a dead horse in a general sense.

Explain? Got a point, I'll delete thread.

Edit: (Lil Details) Ok just returned from 6 page search in this column and no one is actually asking question which gets used the MOST. Many threads on "how to" and the likes but think this is somewhat new content.

TD: If I'm wrong on this and have over looked something here in "search" and this is a worn out topic, then feel free to delete this. I'm not here water down the usefullness of this forum but to find answers to my curiosities. :thumb

if you were to read farther, soap is by far the most popular one. No mess, no contamination, and the film stays down when you squeegee/hand it down.

I dry shrink every single back glass out there, except for SUVs that have smaller flatter windows, since wet is faster in that case.

whatever

Archived