Horrible past 2 days...

Guest tintpro2007

Guest tintpro2007

Ok so I might be stupid for posting this, but whatever, it's not like my day could get worse lol.

Yesterday:

So I recently moved from NC to MD, still tinting, (3 going on 4 yrs. experience) just alot more work. Well in NC we pretty much always used computer cut patterns, in MD it's all hand cutting.....

Was working on a G-35 yesterday which I posted pics of, and it took me 2 f***in hours to do, came out good though. Lost the key to a guys truck, we had to get another one remade, tinted another truck, and it came out good, typical time to do. Tried the back glass on an '07 vette C6, cuz I thought I could do it since ive done a C5, effed it up, let the other guy do it.

Today:

Started out with an Acura RL to do at a local dealership, effed up and had to redo the 2 front windows on it, cause it wasn't acceptable by any standards at all. Did the rest of the car, turned out good, but took almost 3 hours to do. Then went to do a cobalt at a sound shop and it took way longer than it should have, took like 2 hours. Dots turned out perfect though...(lol) I'm literally about to have a mental breakdown here, I know im alot better tinter than this, and idk why I keep effin stuff up, and I really dont know how my boss hasnt gotten mad at me yet for it, or worse case scenerio fired me... I really need this job, and I know I can do a good job at it, but idk whats happening to me... hopefully tomorrow will go good....

I'm sorry for ranting or whatever, but I had to get this off my chest, and yes I know guys, its stupid for me to post something like this, when I have 3 yrs. experience.... call me a dumb-a** if you want, cause that's what I should be called about right now...

:thumb:):dunno:lol2:lol:lol2

Guest filmslayer

dude ! you've only been doing this for 4 yrs. ! talk to me in another 14 !!

we all have days like that ,keep your head up and keep lickin and sticken !!! :spit

Guest tintpro2007
we all have days like that ,keep your head up and keep lickin and sticken !!! :spit

thanks dude, I appreciate the positive comment lol... im just really bummed... sad.png

Guest filmslayer
we all have days like that ,keep your head up and keep lickin and sticken !!! beer.gif

thanks dude, I appreciate the positive comment lol... im just really bummed... sad.png

no prob!! dont let it get ya down ! if ya stay with it you WILL HAVE MANY MORE LIKE IT ! :spit

Guest naughtydog

It seems your more worried about how long it takes rather than the final outcome?

Back off a bit on the speed aspect and things will go better.

Guest tintguy31707

Yeah I tend to make mistakes when I rush as well... I've only got 2 years on you (5 years exp). Like these guys said, there will be more to come... If your working for someone I can assure you the first thing they are worried about is how good a quality your work is ... the second would be how long it took you.

Guest Diamond Tints
Don't be concerned about how long it takes, Micaelangelo did not paint the ceiling of the Cistine (sp?) Church in one weekend.

You mean its not a digital print ? :thumb

Archived