Plastic Sheeting

Guest tintguy31707

Guest tintguy31707

Hey guys any of you know where I could buy the plastic sheeting to cover door panels while I'm spraying the windows? I've looked all over google for them, but can't seem to find the perfect fit for our jobs.

Guest Tint Legend

If you looking for the thinner plastic try a detailing supplier. I use the thin plastic that detailers use to put over damps seat when I need some :thumb

Guest Scottsfire

Go to Home Depot and in there carpet and flooring section they sell Carpet Shield. Its a pretty long roll (will do many cars) and cost $12. In case you don't know what this is, its a long roll of clear plastic with a light adhesive on one side. Its typically used in model real estate homes to protect the carpet. Works well on car doors and totally sticks out of the way without leaving a residue.

Guest tintguy31707

Thanks for the information guys it might seem trivial to you, but it has helped me out! I tried trash bags, but putting it honestly I work with 3 mechanics and a painter and trash bags disappear left and right. It seems the only thing that I can keep at my station in the back are "official tint tools" trash bags, paper towels windex alcohol etc etc disappear... thats why I've got microfiber towels and half the reason I switched to a two bottle system! lol Maybe things would be different if I manned my station in the back at all times, but as it is I'm the sign shop manager and that consumes 80% of my time.

Thanks again,

Brent

Go to Home Depot and in there carpet and flooring section they sell Carpet Shield. Its a pretty long roll (will do many cars) and cost $12. In case you don't know what this is, its a long roll of clear plastic with a light adhesive on one side. Its typically used in model real estate homes to protect the carpet. Works well on car doors and totally sticks out of the way without leaving a residue.

Man I love living and learning! great idea :bat I guess you could use it on the rear deck?

Archived