Plastic Sheeting

Guest tintguy31707

Go to Home Depot and in there carpet and flooring section they sell Carpet Shield. Its a pretty long roll (will do many cars) and cost $12. In case you don't know what this is, its a long roll of clear plastic with a light adhesive on one side. Its typically used in model real estate homes to protect the carpet. Works well on car doors and totally sticks out of the way without leaving a residue.

Man I love living and learning! great idea :bat I guess you could use it on the rear deck?

You should put that one up for vote on tip of the week :bat

Guest Scottsfire
Go to Home Depot and in there carpet and flooring section they sell Carpet Shield. Its a pretty long roll (will do many cars) and cost $12. In case you don't know what this is, its a long roll of clear plastic with a light adhesive on one side. Its typically used in model real estate homes to protect the carpet. Works well on car doors and totally sticks out of the way without leaving a residue.

Man I love living and learning! great idea :beer I guess you could use it on the rear deck?

Stan, you can totally use it on the rear deck. In fact you know in your videos where you have the young man tape off the dot matrix with the painters shield tape stuff then spray it, well this Carpet Shield stuff is like using a 3' wide piece of tape that lightly sticks to EVERYTHING and its cheap. Wow, to have you the king of tinting like one of my ideas is truly an honor! :beer

Guest tint51
If you looking for the thinner plastic try a detailing supplier. I use the thin plastic that detailers use to put over damps seat when I need some :beer

You can buy a bodyshop supply store the big rolls in a box and cut to size.. same mil as those seat covers but a lot cheaper..

Guest bnsautomotive

this just sparked a bunch of new ideas for me :bs ... you could use this on the rear deck, eadliner above rear glass, trim around rear glass. and on the door panel. this could reduce contamination by alot man thanks for the tip!! im about to buy a nice sized roll of this stuff :bs

Archived