Guest jetcat2003

Guest vclimber

Why would anyone want to put low E film on a house in FL? :spit

-BTW here are the specs on 1/4" clear glass:

VLT=88%

SA=15.9%

SC=0.94

SHGC=0.81

Seems to absorb energy... not that anyone cares.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
Question for VClimber.....

Everyone knows I'm all about tinting cars...not so much knowledge on Houses. Why would You not put LowE film on a house in Florida? Whats the reason behind that? :spit

Low E is designed to reflect FIR back into the home. It works great in cold climates where heat loss via convection through the glass is prevalent. Fl is lower latitude and has predominantly warmer seasons than cold. So low E reflecting FIR back into the would be counter-productive in the warmer months, especially if the home lacked AC.

Question for VClimber.....

Everyone knows I'm all about tinting cars...not so much knowledge on Houses. Why would You not put LowE film on a house in Florida? Whats the reason behind that? :lol

Low E is designed to reflect FIR back into the home. It works great in cold climates where heat loss via convection through the glass is prevalent. Fl is lower latitude and has predominantly warmer seasons than cold. So low E reflecting FIR back into the would be counter-productive in the warmer months, especially if the home lacked AC.

Cool! :lol2 Thank you V! :beer

Guest teamfutaba
Why would anyone want to put low E film on a house in FL? :lol2

VLT=88%

SA=15.9%

SC=0.94

SHGC=0.81

v-homie.. you would be surprised how many commercial buildings down here have low-e glass. I think there reasoning is the low shgc most low-e glass has. they dont really care about the long wave thing. ive also noticed on commercial jobs that have the glass there's usually a northern architect involved. I think the architect's are incahoots with the glass companys. we did a PR-70 ultra job today that had brand new thermal panes. dont see them very often either. (no direct sun).

Guest vclimber
Why would anyone want to put low E film on a house in FL? :lol2

VLT=88%

SA=15.9%

SC=0.94

SHGC=0.81

v-homie.. you would be surprised how many commercial buildings down here have low-e glass. I think there reasoning is the low shgc most low-e glass has. they dont really care about the long wave thing. ive also noticed on commercial jobs that have the glass there's usually a northern architect involved. I think the architect's are incahoots with the glass companys. we did a PR-70 ultra job today that had brand new thermal panes. dont see them very often either. (no direct sun).

:lol2 They call that 40/30 and you can thank the glass lobbyists for PPG & Pilkington. They push the spec into the IBC and that how low E ends up in places like Hawaii. :lol2

Guest Scottsfire
hooter to the touch.......

:bat

:bat

Poor guy comes on here for help and we tease him for Hooter to touch.....but thats funny, hope he has a good sense of humor.

Archived