bubbles

Guest Gunner

Guest Gunner

So here is what I've been running into lately...I've been gettin small bubbles in the corners of my film..but instead of looking like normal bubbles that can be hard carded out it seems that they are hard dry air bubbles..they seem to happen mostly where a finger shows up and when I hard card it it looks like a bunch of white specs when it drys..what am I doin wrong? Am I squeeging the film to lightly? Am I using to much soap or not enough? Its starting to get extremely frustrating..I've had a lot of redos because of this lately..I've been able to control the dirt really well lately but now I'm getting these damn patches of white specs mostly toward corners or edges of film? Ill take a pic of it in my next post..let me know if anyone has ran into this and what the solution may be....thanx

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's dust showing up where figers pop up, You need to either 1) Shrink the side windows before application, thus eliminating the fingers or 2) heat the fingers out sooner. If You heat a finger out within a few minutes, the dust that maybe there still has a chance to get flushed out with the remaining water. If You wait to long, and the adhesive dry's in the finger, the dust is there to stay. :thumb

Guest scottydosnntkno
If it's dust showing up where figers pop up, You need to either 1) Shrink the side windows before application, thus eliminating the fingers or 2) heat the fingers out sooner. If You heat a finger out within a few minutes, the dust that maybe there still has a chance to get flushed out with the remaining water. If You wait to long, and the adhesive dry's in the finger, the dust is there to stay. :thumb

:thumb

12yrs experience and you don't know the answer to this question?

Guest Gunner

I put 12 years experience on there for all the other stuff I do..signs, graphics, vehicle wraps, ppf film, ive told everyone on here that before that I just added window tinting to my shop in the past year..if everyone would stop being xxxxx on this site and give me an answer to a question that would be helpful..thought that was what this site was about, not to sit there and ridicule someone for a problem they are having but to offer some insight into how to solve it...anyway thanks to everyone else that offered some advice..ill try not to ask "stupid" questions from now on..

Guest Darknesswithin

I want to see the pic's of the spec's , :dunno

what kind of film are you using? soap solution?

do you clean your water bottles out from time to time?

Guest Gunner

My apologies yesterday, It was a frustrating day for me, Ive been running into so many redo's lately Im about ready to either A) quit offering tint or B) hire someone else to do it who has experience, the thing that gets me is the fact that when I first started it I dont know what I was doing differently than I am now but I dont remember having these problems? So let me just give everyone a quick run down of my working area and see if anything jogs a thought into something Im doing wrong? I have a easel type piece of glass that I use to peel the tint and spray it, I keep it as clean as I can, now it is on a slight angle, should it be straight up and down? would that trap dirt (not enough of the gravity to work with me?) I use LLUMAR film, I do have the software that cuts my patterns FILM DESIGN is what I use, I try to stay up on having new squeeges now (someone on here told me that it may be getting wore out), I use J&J baby shampoo in my water, I do my very best to scrub my hands to remove any dirt before touching the film, Ill take a pic of the next vehicle, I dont seem to get it as much when Im able to tuck the seals, but Im trying to get away from doing that but I dont have enough experience to be popping off door panels, so should I buy the gasket wizards? I know over time Ill get better at it, but Im one of those people that cant stand if things arent perfected and then when it starts to affect my customers then Its really frustrating....Im going to try the few suggestions that have been offered on my next vehicle, but any other insight would be very helpful

Thank you

Archived