Tint done 2 days ago... How easy is it to remove?

Guest 05AudiA4

Guest 05AudiA4

Hey all, first time poster...

I recently got my windows tinted, however, I made the mistake and went too dark. Only after I had them done did I research how incredibly|\|4L my state is with tint, especially how dark I have it.

The tint was done on Saturday evening (24hrs ago)... Good reputable shop with good materials. Im wondering, how easy is it for me to remove? I can read the ways you all say it can be done, however Im wondering if I have to go through the whole soaking, scraping etc... or will it just peel off? Any advice? I do need to remove it though, myself or have it done professionally. Thanks

Guest tint51

I recently got my windows tinted, however, I made the mistake and went too dark. Only after I had them done did I research how incredibly|\|4L my state is with tint, especially how dark I have it.

The tint was done on Saturday evening (24hrs ago)... Good reputable shop with good materials. Im wondering, how easy is it for me to remove? I can read the ways you all say it can be done, however Im wondering if I have to go through the whole soaking, scraping etc... or will it just peel off? Any advice? I do need to remove it though, myself or have it done professionally. Thanks

Why didn't the tint shop advise you right in the first place?? :dunno

Guest filmslayer

Why didn't the tint shop advise you right in the first place?? :dunno

my guess is that they did !!! :lol

• 7 months later...
Guest kingoftheding

If they were that reputable that would have installed legal tint on your vehicle. I should be fairly easy to remove the tint from the side windows. You may run into problems with the back window if it has been hot in your area, but most likely not since its only been on a couple of days. the trick is to get it off in one piece. if it starts to peel and split layers stop, and take it to the pro's. they'll cover everything up and use ammonia and trash bags to soak the tint soak the tint so it comes off easily.

If they were that reputable that would have installed legal tint on your vehicle. I should be fairly easy to remove the tint from the side windows. You may run into problems with the back window if it has been hot in your area, but most likely not since its only been on a couple of days. the trick is to get it off in one piece. if it starts to peel and split layers stop, and take it to the pro's. they'll cover everything up and use ammonia and trash bags to soak the tint soak the tint so it comes off easily.

Holy old thread king, hopefully its been resolved in the past 8 months!

Archived