I found this statement on a site online?? puzzeled me a bit:::

This audi A3 came in looking pretty ordinary, but after we fit 5% to the rear and a legal 70% tint to the front it left looking a totally different car. we only use a premium grade film and this gives you a huge 5 year warrant.

here is the link

Guest Diamond Tints
I found this statement on a site online?? puzzeled me a bit:::

This audi A3 came in looking pretty ordinary, but after we fit 5% to the rear and a legal 70% tint to the front it left looking a totally different car. we only use a premium grade film and this gives you a huge 5 year warrant.

here is the link

No tint is legal on the front, In glasgow as long as front windows meter above 45% Police will not force you to remove the tint !

I had guy phone me wanting me to fit a silver 20% on all windows, He bought the pre cut kit from this place !!!!

Sounded kind of shocked when I told him no chance I would fit it to his front windows !!! :spit

Guest tint325i

the glass in an audi is around 75%ish from the factory, if you install 70% film ontop of that theres no way the glass will still meter above 70%vlt, therfor its not legal, the statement is flawed!! more likely to meter around 50-55%ish

(im guessing on the values as I have never metered a window with 70% film on it but you get the idea)

it really is impossible to put anything on front doors and keep it legal unless the glass is ultra clear to start with but most cars are between 70% and 80%, I have a transit connect van with clear security film on it and it meters at 65%

the glass in an audi is around 75%ish from the factory, if you install 70% film ontop of that theres no way the glass will still meter above 70%vlt, therfor its not legal, the statement is flawed!! more likely to meter around 50-55%ish

(im guessing on the values as I have never metered a window with 70% film on it but you get the idea)

it really is impossible to put anything on front doors and keep it legal unless the glass is ultra clear to start with but most cars are between 70% and 80%, I have a transit connect van with clear security film on it and it meters at 65%

Thats what I was thinking, surely factory glass tint would throw the meter way off?

Guest tint325i

even glass that looks clear (shogun sport, scooby, evo etc) is around 80-85%vlt, theres no such thing as clear autoglass, you always have to take the glass's vlt into account

Archived