Plotters

Guest tint51

Anyone use the roland brand.. Camm-1 pro.. likes,dislikes...

Thanks, Tint51

I have a 40" Roland Camm-1Pro (GX-400). I like it, bought it used. I travel with it to the dealership, and it has been beat around and still works great. I had a CX-400 and that one would tell me how much film I was feeding through the plotter, and this one doesnt (or maybe its a setting...?), and thats my only gripe. Id like to know if Ive got enough left on a roll for whatever im about to cut when the roll is low. I bought new taller brackets for the plotter stand. The brackets it comes with holds the roll very low so you have to reach down behind to change out your cutting media.

Ive heard Graphtec and Roland are both industructable, and you cant go wrong with either. I think the Graphtec maybe a little "higher end". I like the catch "basket" on the rolands better than the graphtecs (maybe they are universal). Mine is aluminum and curls at the bottom. The others ive seen are made from a cloth or screen that hang out from the front of it, and would seem to crinkle the film up, but then again, ive only used my catch basket. I bought mine for $2400 when it was 2-3 years old.

Guest tint51
Anyone use the roland brand.. Camm-1 pro.. likes,dislikes...

Thanks, Tint51

I have a 40" Roland Camm-1Pro (GX-400). I like it, bought it used. I travel with it to the dealership, and it has been beat around and still works great. I had a CX-400 and that one would tell me how much film I was feeding through the plotter, and this one doesnt (or maybe its a setting...?), and thats my only gripe. Id like to know if Ive got enough left on a roll for whatever im about to cut when the roll is low. I bought new taller brackets for the plotter stand. The brackets it comes with holds the roll very low so you have to reach down behind to change out your cutting media.

Ive heard Graphtec and Roland are both industructable, and you cant go wrong with either. I think the Graphtec maybe a little "higher end". I like the catch "basket" on the rolands better than the graphtecs (maybe they are universal). Mine is aluminum and curls at the bottom. The others ive seen are made from a cloth or screen that hang out from the front of it, and would seem to crinkle the film up, but then again, ive only used my catch basket. I bought mine for $2400 when it was 2-3 years old.

Thanks,,, good to know... I currently use the GX-400 at my full time work.. and like it too..for tint and PPF..only..

Thanks why I am asking to add to my side business.. thanks,

again..

Guest koookstr

I've been using Summa cutters for the last 7 years. Had a 30" at first and about 3yrs ago a 48" tangential. Use it daily and never have had any issues. We also use Flexisign. Little pricey but great program. Truthfully printer/cutters are where it's at now. but keep the plotter for PPF

Archived