Switching to Sun Tek's Carbon Film- Any Warnings or Praise??

Guest brucetintshop

Guest tint325i

I quite like the film to use but yes the scratchcoat is useless, the main problem I see with it is removal, ive never seen such a messy nightmare of an adhesive to remove, makes a 5minute removal a half hour nightmare, you just got to hope you never have to take any off!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive been using it for about 16 months now,

pros - looks good, shrinks really well, installs relatively good, price, ive had no come backs in my time using it, its non metal so safe for electronic devices, maintains relatively high heat rejection

cons - adhesive is really aggressive therefore you really have to squeegee it out fast and you dont have much time if it needs peeling back at all cause of a large bit of contamination, because of this adhesive its a bitch to remove film after its cured, scratch coat scratches easier than other films but youg et used to it and rarely will scratch a window, does not like alcohol or a tack solution it eats the adhesive.

overall its my main line I use, it takes a little getting used to but give it time and its pretty good!

give it a try I say order a roll or 2 and try it on a few cars and let your expirience be the main decission maker !

Guest Scottsfire

I like it. I had to increase the J/J in my slip but once I did that....fingers like to stay down, peel up is no longer an issue. BUT, I've only been using it for two months so ask me in a year.

Ive been using the clear max and the soft blue hard card and my scratching on installs has been much less. Carbon xp is blowing the regular carbon away on the IR lamp/meter..installed some xp yesterday and it looks and installed nice,little more blue looking than green..

Archived