Switching to Sun Tek's Carbon Film- Any Warnings or Praise??

Guest brucetintshop

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used it for a while. great shrinking havent had anyone come back, the oldest is about 4 years ago. if you file edges it tends to curl. thats really the main reason I dont use it anymore.

So what do you use?

mainly SG Supreme some global qdp, madico charcool, SG UP, llumar air blue. thats the line up

Guest brucetintshop

Thanks for all the input! Not sure if I'm worried or confident now though...

Ya, I've heard the peeling thing, but never had it happen to me yet (only been using it about a month though), and I did notice how tacky it was.

Was using Global HP film, which I actually liked, but they were having some distributor issues. The Suntek seems to heat shrink just as good as Global, and may even be stickier! I like how there is much less "finish-work" on fingers, puckers, edges, etc... But I don't like how "sticky" the inside coating seems to be on the film. I use mostly a gold or black teflon, maybe I'll try the blue card like someone suggested.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Ya, I've heard the peeling thing, but never had it happen to me yet (only been using it about a month though), and I did notice how tacky it was.

Was using Global HP film, which I actually liked, but they were having some distributor issues. The Suntek seems to heat shrink just as good as Global, and may even be stickier! I like how there is much less "finish-work" on fingers, puckers, edges, etc... But I don't like how "sticky" the inside coating seems to be on the film. I use mostly a gold or black teflon, maybe I'll try the blue card like someone suggested.

Thanks again everyone!!!

I like to wrap a hard card in a MF glass towel or lint free paper towel when I hard card, it really seems to cut out any chance of scratching.

Wonder how many peeps are using alcohol :boogie

I only use it when needed on the matrix. other than that I don't use it.

I talk to tinters in Canada that use it in the application solution ......but ............ very little hot sun there.

On track with this thread..... I have issues with the hard coat on Carbon but that was a while back. Any company can have a bad production run. I haven't heard of them not taking care of customers if there is a problem. I use Graffiti film from them.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

It takes getting used to. I used to use it alot and it has been pretty good for me. I usually use it now for customers who don't want a hp metal film, but don't want to pay for the 3M cs.

I've had issues of it rolling back when I put it outside in the sun to dry, but that might have had a bad roll or something because that was like 2008. It is a nice looking film for the price, user friendly and the custy should be happy.

Try a few rolls to see if you like it. Suntek will sell you 25' increments so if you only want to experiment with it I would try buying like 25' of each shade just as a test run.

Guest untouchable

Thanks again everyone!!!

I like to wrap a hard card in a MF glass towel or lint free paper towel when I hard card, it really seems to cut out any chance of scratching.

I agree. Nothing I use ever touches the film with out a paper towel over it other than the obvious (clear max, turbo,ect). My opinion is no matter what film it is you will have hair line scratches on the film if you use a card direct on the film even if you keep them well sanded.

Guest Scottsfire

Thanks again everyone!!!

I agree. Nothing I use ever touches the film with out a paper towel over it other than the obvious (clear max, turbo,ect). My opinion is no matter what film it is you will have hair line scratches on the film if you use a card direct on the film even if you keep them well sanded.

I don't want to take the chance so I wrap all my hard cards in blue shop towels.

Archived