Digitizing a logo help ?

basically...find out what sort file they use and maybe you can do it yourself....

simple files to vector by the "Vector Doctor" who is on Signs101.com would likely only be $15 to $20....

Guest scottydosnntkno
Im trying to have some stitching done on company shirts . They are telling me there is a 40 $ digitizing fee . What is this all about . are they charging me to make it a vector file ?

it sounds like its for embroidery, so no, its not a vector file. They basically have a fancy program that costs a ton of money(similar to flexi or another vector program), except what it does is lay out each individual stitch that the machine will make. Its like a vector file, but for embroidering. Kind of how our plotters know go from this point to this point with XX radius, no matter how big it is, a digitizing program lays out thousands upon thousands of individual stitches which the machine will read to duplicate the logo.

basically...find out what sort file they use and maybe you can do it yourself....

simple files to vector by the "Vector Doctor" who is on Signs101.com would likely only be $15 to $20....

when I made up some hats I downloaded a program called masterworks lite I think and it let me create a file in all the major formats.

Embroidery or stitching as you call it, is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from vectoring.

The term they use is digitizing.

Difference being that digitizing for embroidery is telling the needles where to put the thread; vectoring is telling a blade which path to follow.

Honestly $40 is not bad for a digitize fee, some charge more...... :dunno

Guest scottydosnntkno
yo, my homeboy owns a company in North Augusta, Comunigraphics. We can get this handled. And or I will digitize the logo for you and save it as a vector. call my cell.

it is not a vector file. Thats different. For embroidery, see my above post. It basically lays out each and every single stitch the machine will make.

I got my car company logo digitized through a company embroidery-designs-shop.com they only charged me around 10 bucks my original embroidery company wanted me to pay $100 so I said forget that and searched for my own digitizer.

Archived