Might switch to Express Window Films

Guest vclimber
bout all I see the true black good for is looks, whats it 25% heat rejection and uv greater than 98 :lol

what difference does 1.9% UV make, really?

I don't install TB for performance, I install it for looks. 1 out of 25 of my customers actually asks for a high performance film, the other 96% just want "dark" or "black" windows to look cool.

You'll have to get V to chime in on that :lol if I had to guess id say less than par uv inhibitors which will make the film break down much faster :lol

Typical of imported Asian films. Does the extra 1.9% make a difference? Well it depends on what difference you are looking for. There is less transmittance with a 99% uv rejecting film and there is even less with a 99.9% uv rejecting film. Companies like CP Films claim that it makes a big difference. My guess is that Howard will say that he accelerate tests his films and does not see a significant difference but I will leave that for him to comment on. What I would worry about is two things:

-Why can't the Asian companies just make a film that rejects 99% of the uv rays?

-More important would be the degradation and its affect on the film components. All uv absorbers degrade at varying rates which in time causes other components to break down. That would be my key concern.

And I guess if you had a uv sensitive skin condition, then you would want a film that rejects as much uv as possible. :beer

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Crackz

:boogie if you like qd and qdp check out the classic char line u will love it

and as far as being asian imports its the best imports you will ever work with we have it out there for 4 yrs with no issues what so ever wish I could say that for some of the american films we use :thumb

From most you guys that use express, the tru black sounds the best, but im not sure how long it would last where I am. So im thinking the tru smoke ultra Hp would be the way to go. Does anyone know if express is gonna make a tru black ultra hp?

Guest scottydosnntkno
From most you guys that use express, the tru black sounds the best, but im not sure how long it would last where I am. So im thinking the tru smoke ultra Hp would be the way to go. Does anyone know if express is gonna make a tru black ultra hp?

true black ultra is coming out this summer :zzz

I use TB, and I like it,, I have been thinking of going back to suntek, but the TB is growing on me. Had two comebacks at first, because the film would peel from rough matrix, (even after sanding , steel wool ect) then Howard sent me some Slip Tack, then problem solved!!! no more tacking issues. TB looks really good, and for nowdays. im sticking with it!!! ..... now being in Phen, Ariz. ....well the tint will take a beating ( as your aware of) but I also hear that there is cutthroat price competetion also. to make a sound choice, I would call em up and discuss your expectations, and they will be very helpfull to you, just make sure you request the "slip tack" right from the start.. they will also send you some of that "blue glue" also, for glueing the matrix. I never ever used glue before because with other films it voids the warranty. All and All, it took me a min to get sold on TB, .....But now I am happy that I did.

I use TB on dealers cars and cars I tint for other aftermarket/"tint" companies. It's a nice looking film, great to work with, you can touch it up like none other. I'm not sure about longevity which is why I don't put my name on it, but overall it's a nice film except for one things, haha, the 40" rolls are so damn heavy and the liner is slippery, you gotta be careful with a fresh roll, haah.

true black ultra is coming out this summer beer.gif

Hey scotty, I read in another post about tru black being a more sturdy, thicker feeling film and that it pops under moldings easier. I really like film that handled like this(reminds me of global hp). Do you know if the tru smoke ultra hp feels the same and what is the thickness(mil) of these films. I looks at the spec sheet, but in doesn't say.

Guest scottydosnntkno

Hey scotty, I read in another post about tru black being a more sturdy, thicker feeling film and that it pops under moldings easier. I really like film that handled like this(reminds me of global hp). Do you know if the tru smoke ultra hp feels the same and what is the thickness(mil) of these films. I looks at the spec sheet, but in doesn't say.

I've never used TS ultra, but I have used plain TS. It feels slightlyyyyy thinner than TB, but not a whole lot. Its still a nice thick, sturdy film.

I would like to find an alternative to Solargard HP supreme... is true black ultra HP film?

Archived