Wincos

I'll see what I can find through my distributor. It does seem odd that nothing can be found on that film. At one point I did have the specs on that film, but I cant find it. I think I remember the 30% having a TSER of high 50's to low 60's...but I could be wrong. The Lintec site has nothing on it either. Maybe the site in Japanese does, but I can read symbols.

Wincos 30% is 59% TSER and 90% IR (doesn't say the range though).

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintjam65
I have a question.. what came first and in what order did the rest show up. solis, v-cool, spectra select, the ir meter, prestige and hooper.

I wanna believe Solis was the original name for Southwall's film and GMX bought marketing rights to it, renaming it V-Kool, Vista's Spectra Select came next, Huper after that, and Prestige / IR meter.

That might be the order? I'm sure this guy V will straighten it out. :lol

Guest teamfutaba
I have a question.. what came first and in what order did the rest show up. solis, v-cool, spectra select, the ir meter, prestige and hooper.

I wanna believe Solis was the original name for Southwall's film and GMX bought marketing rights to it, renaming it V-Kool, Vista's Spectra Select came next, Huper after that, and Prestige / IR meter.

That might be the order? I'm sure this guy V will straighten it out. dunno.gif

you can pretty much guarantee that....

First was Solis. Vista launched something similar in the late 90's but pulled it off the shelf because of problems. Solis changed to V-Kool. Huper was launched, Vista relaunched their line, Prestige and then Hilite

Guest tintjam65

If I remember right it was Hilite that launched and relaunched. :lol

Vista relaunched a more corrosion resistant Spectra Select as recent as the last few months.

Guest teamfutaba
If I remember right it was Hilite that launched and relaunched. :hmmm

Vista relaunched a more corrosion resistant Spectra Select as recent as the last few months.

the first vista spectra select was horrible. every inch that I installed had to be redone. any contamination would cause green rings. even worse, the edge seal was iffy at best. luckly for my custys the warranty dept took care of any issues they had, because I had already bailed on my vista dealership to another manu. one custy told me the new vista dealer had redone his sliding glass doors 3 times after my original install due to corrosion issues. just wishful thinking that those films will last any where near the coastline.

Archived