Suntek Carbon...anyone having problems with it?

I don't know where to start. First off, when I went to apply the back glass, it kept curling on sides. I've used over half a dozen films and have NEVER seen this. Then on all the rollups, any little puckers that werent flat were almost impossible to lay down, even with heat. It was almost as if I was trying to apply tint with NO adhesive. Also, on evey piece I applied, the liner was so hard to pull, harder than anything I've worked with. I talked to Suntek and they said they had problems with the liner in AZ, OH and a couple others states and said they'd swap it out for some HP. I really miss Global and planned on switching back, but Suntek is being really cool, so I'll try out this HP and see what happens.

I had same problem once , I ordered a few rolls to take with me down to tasmania for a holiday and had a few mates want me to tint their cars, one 18% roll 30 inch looked too reflective but I thought it still looked good so il go with it cut the film and then my mate was playing with scraps and he said shouldn't it be sticky I said you pull the clear liner off and he said I did and I was confused so I made a call and it was flat glass film just labelled wrong, cool colour and reflectivity though, it would of looked good on cars haha.

id steer clear of HP it does not have a fading warrenty and ive had friends have heaps of comebacks cause it fades purplish, but their carbon line I use daily !

I wonder if they are trying to use a UV cured silicone instead of a tin based? Did it make a noise when the liner was pulled off?

All three rolls I used made a noise when pulling the liner, sounded like a loud squeaking noise or something.

Guest Ron_NC
I wonder if they are trying to use a UV cured silicone instead of a tin based? Did it make a noise when the liner was pulled off?

All three rolls I used made a noise when pulling the liner, sounded like a loud squeaking noise or something.

That does sound like UV cured liner. Tin based usually peels off real smooth.

Guest tintec

yea I posted a thread a while back in european section about the liner being so hard to remove film lifts off peelboard with it also it scratches really easily,for the price and quality im starting to think global is by far a superior film :gasp

I have seen this before. To me, it is almost as if the adhesive activated before the liner went on or moisture weeped in between the liner. There is a problem with some adhesives in the market that will fall off after a few months in drier climates. This is a problem that manny manufacturers are aware of, but do not or have not addresses properly.

I have seen this before. To me, it is almost as if the adhesive activated before the liner went on or moisture weeped in between the liner. There is a problem with some adhesives in the market that will fall off after a few months in drier climates. This is a problem that manny manufacturers are aware of, but do not or have not addresses properly.

It felt like I was appying the film w/o the liner removed. Im using suntek hp now, I like it, but I think for the money theres better films out there. It seem the only good things I hear about suntek hp is that it intalls easy and look good, but I just keep hearing that in fades to purple quickly. Also, I really don't like how flimsy it feels and it creases easily.

Archived