Curling all week long

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone like using Llumar's X-100 with their Dry Adhesive films?

We did some tests last year with X-100 and we were impressed by how much it accelerated the tack. Just be careful about wiping up any over spray.

Storage time should not cause curl. Curl is usually the result of improper winding tension between the film plys when they are nipped together. There should be a slight amount of toward-the-glass curl in the film no matter how long it's been on the shelf. We have some 10+ year old rolls we use for training that still have the proper amount of curl in them.

-Howard

Does anyone like using Llumar's X-100 with their Dry Adhesive films?

We did some tests last year with X-100 and we were impressed by how much it accelerated the tack. Just be careful about wiping up any over spray.

Storage time should not cause curl. Curl is usually the result of improper winding tension between the film plys when they are nipped together. There should be a slight amount of toward-the-glass curl in the film no matter how long it's been on the shelf. We have some 10+ year old rolls we use for training that still have the proper amount of curl in them.

-Howard

Curl toward the glass would be the logical preferance. It would seem to me the film should be wound on the roll with the liner in, I dont know if that makes a difference

It would seem to me the film should be wound on the roll with the liner in, I don't know if that makes a difference

You would think so.

If the film is carefully constructed, it will exhibit the desired curl irrespective of how it's wound onto the core (liner-in vs. liner out). Different customers have different preferences (in vs out) but the film should curl slightly toward the glass no matter what.

The manufacturers all know this, but some film with excessive curl gets past final inspection for all of them. It's difficult for them to control at times and they don't want to take the yield hit. You can always ask your distributor to check for curl before shipping. We have customers that routinely request that. Our warehouse crews know how to check for it.

It's a real bear to deal with Tom. I know exactly what you mean.

Pour yourself a scotch.

-Howard

I've started using x-100 over the last year and I am very impressed with the stuff. I was the first to biatch about the fact that I shouldn't need a special solution for installing, but the x-100 really seems to be a great solution.

and yeah I don't know why it is that llumar has to roll it's film the wrong way. PS liner in and CDF liner out. WTF? :thumb

and I too am confused on the deco film curling. seems most all that stuff is PS adhesive and shouldn't be doing it.

Archived