ever workd on a car that No one wants too?

Guest Darknesswithin

Guest Darknesswithin
Are the back glass's on those vettes that hard to shrink? Ive done 2 of them quite some time ago and dont remember how difficult they were (if at all). All I remember was what a pain it was to install on the back glass.

they are no sweat! very intimidating but here's the best way to do them,( for me anyway ), leave the sides loose and long ( don't do the "H" on it )

my big secret on it is I do it half wet and half dry,, sorta like the lesabre or olds, I leave the center dry and the sides "loose/long and wet" ..

the sides being wet keeps the film from really moving but not restricted from molding and the center shrinks dry very well, when I get to the sides I do a pull as I heat and it fans out great allowing the film to flow!, trim and install,, , during installation I squeegee the center up and down as usual and the side I start at to top and go out and down like the camaro and firebirds(85-92)

sorry if this doesn't make sence, I had to sit here and think about it and thats pretty much how I do it... BTW it's been atleast 8 years since I did a 80 vette, last one I did was an 84, I was a bit nervous but intrigued by the challenge and it went great for me,,, took me about 2 1/2 hrs to complete,. No razor blades on the rear glass, I steamed and scrubbed ,, lol arms where tired,, :evilgrin

Very nice! Is that Barracuda in one piece? I tried one piecing a Barracuda one time and then two pieced it with a barracuda skeleton graphic to hide the seam.

He did his in 3 pieces, down the side. If you look close at his pic, you can barely make out the seam. Here is the nightmare I lived. http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?sh...hl=hardest+date

Guest scottydosnntkno
I havent done vetts yet....wonder if those are similar to trans ams and camaros...

not at all :smoker camaros/TAs need minimal shrinking on the top and just stretching on the bottom, but vettes are a whole nother deal

I havent done vetts yet....wonder if those are similar to trans ams and camaros...

not at all :nope camaros/TAs need minimal shrinking on the top and just stretching on the bottom, but vettes are a whole nother deal

I just look at the tint....and it lays itself......... :nope

:smoker

Archived