Could this be used for door tintin side glass

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take it as a no way then.

just order 36" film and rearrange the patterns. most programs you can move them around however you want as far as I know :dunno

Wrong on two counts. For starters most programs do not allow you to move the film however you like. Secondly, that plotter only has a maximum cutting width of 29".

Two answer your question, yes that plotter would work well for doing doors. I would reccomend getting a larger 40"+, because you will only end up wanting the larger one in no time anyway. Thus leaving that one collecting dust

Guest scottydosnntkno
Thats a nice plotter. What about sign software? The good stuff isn't cheep!

I use SignBlazer elements, which came with my USCutter. for 90% of the sign work I do, it works fine by itself. For the harder ones, I have the adobe suite, so I can just export from AI as a .eps, import it into signblazer and its all set ready to cut.

Guest scottydosnntkno

just order 36" film and rearrange the patterns. most programs you can move them around however you want as far as I know :dunno

Wrong on two counts. For starters most programs do not allow you to move the film however you like. Secondly, that plotter only has a maximum cutting width of 29".

Two answer your question, yes that plotter would work well for doing doors. I would reccomend getting a larger 40"+, because you will only end up wanting the larger one in no time anyway. Thus leaving that one collecting dust

it'll take 36" material though

Ive got the plotter thats shows in the picture, but the plotter he is selling is not the one pictured. He is selling a CX (or GX) 300. I would wait for a CX400 or 500. The plotters can be bought cheap. Its the software and updates that are expensive. Software is anywhere from $500-$1000, with monthy updates from $50-$200. My plotter software updates cost $900 per year, just for tint patterns.

just order 36" film and rearrange the patterns. most programs you can move them around however you want as far as I know :lol

Why in the world would you want to run 36" material through a plotter that can only cut 29"?

But I seen in another post that your uscutter will not cut tint. Just change your blade to a tint blade, and you can cut tint. If you have a tint blade that you tried. Then you must have had the blade out way too far and it was cutting right through..

When I started out I went the cheap route with a crappy plotter and had to end up buying a proper one 40" . You need to do it right the first time or not at all so you dont dont spend twice. You can finace plotter I think .

That depends on what you're using it for. if your just going to use it for tint and a little bit of vinyl. Then a cheap one like a uscutter will be fine. I have had a UScutter for 3 yrs now and have never had an issue with it. Now if you where doing a ton of vinyl work and need a plotter that could handle the higher speed cutting. Then I would say you would need a higher end plotter. But as far as size goes you most certainly you just get a 40" or larger from the get go. No matter if your doing mostly tint or tons of vinyl.. Of course this is just my opinion and not the word of god..

Guest scottydosnntkno

just order 36" film and rearrange the patterns. most programs you can move them around however you want as far as I know :lol

Why in the world would you want to run 36" material through a plotter that can only cut 29"?

But I seen in another post that your uscutter will not cut tint. Just change your blade to a tint blade, and you can cut tint. If you have a tint blade that you tried. Then you must have had the blade out way too far and it was cutting right through..

because you can't buy 29" film :lol

I'm not too concerned about my plotter not cutting tint, since 1. I don't have a tint program/don't want to/need to pay for one and 2. I don't do stupid tint graphics and pictures on cars, so I'm not worried. It makes me plenty of money doing just vinyl :lol

Archived