Sliding gaskets back in under door panel

I found a little trick that may be new to a few people. I always found it a bit aggrivating to get the gaskets to slide back in on 2010 f150's. A shot of white lithium grease in the gaskets channel where the locking teeth are makes em slide in like a hot knife thru butter. There are plenty of other vehicles it works on too. :krazy

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Scottsfire
why in the world would you pull gaskets on a f150?

I know you like the back of my hand! When I saw this I thought to myself, wonder what Scotty's going to do with this......cause I remembered you telling me how easy these are..ha ! Cheers mate!

Cause when you can yank em you can drop the film onto the glass and into place with zero obstructions on either side or the bottom as well as no fingertips whatsoever on the film. Fact is it this greatly reduces the chance for a random "spec" or any need for heating areas with gun once film is squeegeed and in place. So generally cleaner/easier but not a requirement to get it done.

We all know you don't pull gaskets and never get specs or have to use any heat and have it all including life figured out.

:krazy

Because it take 2 seconds and film won't peel from the bottom like someones 350z. Less chance of customer some backs.

Guest GreenCove
I found a little trick that may be new to a few people. I always found it a bit aggrivating to get the gaskets to slide back in on 2010 f150's. A shot of white lithium grease in the gaskets channel where the locking teeth are makes em slide in like a hot knife thru butter. There are plenty of other vehicles it works on too. :lol2

:lol2 works good I normally use wd40...def. makes it easier

Guest scottydosnntkno

Cause when you can yank em you can drop the film onto the glass and into place with zero obstructions on either side or the bottom as well as no fingertips whatsoever on the film. Fact is it this greatly reduces the chance for a random "spec" or any need for heating areas with gun once film is squeegeed and in place. So generally cleaner/easier but not a requirement to get it done.

We all know you don't pull gaskets and never get specs or have to use any heat and have it all including life figured out.

:dunno

I've said numerous times on here that I snap all my doors, which a f150 hardly needs that. If you install without shrinking and squegee it out, you get 2 medium/small fingers, and thats it. Give it two seconds of snap, and your done.

ford gaskets are so loose its not worth pulling them out.

Archived