wet glazing

Guest shadowline
If you have more than 3 years experience in wet glazing and can answer a few questions please PM me.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Wet Glazing?

Guest tintjam65
If you have more than 3 years experience in wet glazing and can answer a few questions please PM me.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Try a professional glazer.

or go to dow 995 own document for wet glaze apps :lol2

Guest shadowline

Your other thread further down "wet" glazing again you asked for "pm" just ask what you want and let others see the reply???????

But IF its TOP SECRET PM ME :lol2

What do you need to know?

I spoke with an engineer in the film industry who said simply wet glazing will increase strength by max. 5 %. When I asked him which type of " calking " he said any silicone will do. That than and should have ended the conversation. He basically said that wetglazing is a waste of money to the end user. The only way in mechanical system.

Is he correct?

I have always thought the 995 approach was a bit of BS in the overall scheme of things. Im no structural engineer so take what I say as opinion only. The 995 will slow down a intruder from gaining access, but at the end of the day .....its caulking....its messy.....its a pita.....its ugly......Did I miss anything ? Depending on the level of security you need to meet, It may fill the need. For real protection, I believe you need a mechanical attachment

I have always thought the 995 approach was a bit of BS in the overall scheme of things. Im no structural engineer so take what I say as opinion only. The 995 will slow down a intruder from gaining access, but at the end of the day .....its caulking....its messy.....its a pita.....its ugly......Did I miss anything ? Depending on the level of security you need to meet, It may fill the need. For real protection, I believe you need a mechanical attachment

Wet glazing can be effective for certain applications, and the testing data on it that is quite impressive. I see it as an alternative for those who simply cant afford a mechanical attachment, and a thick "bite" on film and frame is very effective. What else could be used on a door besides wet glaze? Even with a mechanical attachment, it still only slows an intruder. Messy and pita...YES! I hate messing with it too. Ugly? Eh...I suppose.

Archived