Proper Training

Well I finally got a local tinter 17+ years exp talked into training me :dunno . I do have some experience but not like I would like to. My question is how long do you guys think it should take to get enough training to where I can start tinting customers cars? Like I said I do have experience and I'm not going into this completely blind so I figured a week or so would do :bingo Only problem I have is I work 8-4 and I'm only off wednesday and thursday so I would have to train a couple days a week. How many weeks (2 days a week) do you think I will need? I know he will train me until he feels I'm ready but I'm just trying to get a rough estimate and I know everyone learns differently. Thanks guys!

Guest drmrjon

It took me a year to get to a point of being comfortable. Learning from any one tinter is ok but my advice is to go to a good school like Flatrock Stans. He teaches you almost one on one for 5 days and on the 6th you watch his installers (he had about 6) apply film to all kinds of cars in one day. :dunno

I talked to him yesterday and he said he didn't have anything scheduled yet tomorrow or thursday but he was sure he would. He also said he could teach me alot of tips without a car being there so idk what all he has in store for me. I did make sure to tell him I didn't mind being the shop b!tch and if he needed me to clean the shop or whatever it may be I was willing to learn anything. I just hope I don't waste alot of his tint because I'm pretty sure he uses llumar and I know it's not cheap. I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes and if he has any new tips or tricks I'll be sure to let you guys know. Wish me luck!!

Archived