3M on race cars

Guest Pro-tectFilmMelissa
It was one of Elliot Sadler's cars from a few years ago so it's whoever was working with Evernham. I just figured with was 3M due to their contingency program.

Tinitman- Where did they put the tape on the Indy cars? I saw an F1 car and they only had it on the leading edges. To me it makes more sense if they would wrap the entire car. I had an Indy car pretty much explode into a million pieces in front of me at Watkins Glen a few years ago. The first thing that popped into my head was if the car was wrapped, the carbon pieces wouldn't go flying everywhere.

I'm sure weight is an issue for them too. Wrapping the whole car could easily add 30+ pounds, if not more

a 24" roll by 120' of film only weighs maybe 20-22 lbs, so you are trying to say that they have over 120' of ppf on a f1 car.? :bingo

Not to be a jerk but it is actually 19lbs and that is with the box and the core! Just an FYI!

Guest mikeMN

Bababooey Did you not get a reply on (3M applicator talk) as I think I had seen you on there?

And BTW I had tried to join that forum and I got DENIED … blink.png:thumbblink.pngblink.pngblink.png

Oh well there LOSS........ :dunno:thumb

Bababooey Did you not get a reply on (3M applicator talk) as I think I had seen you on there?

And BTW I had tried to join that forum and I got DENIED … :thumb:eye:lol:lol:eye

Oh well there LOSS........ :popcorn:eye

I've learned to keep my mouth shut with 3M. Every time they've learned I'm in a dealership, the rep backdoors in paint sealant or even sells them film direct. I use them when I have to, other than that I'm all Avery now.

Guest mikeMN
It was one of Elliot Sadler's cars from a few years ago so it's whoever was working with Evernham. I just figured with was 3M due to their contingency program.

Tinitman- Where did they put the tape on the Indy cars? I saw an F1 car and they only had it on the leading edges. To me it makes more sense if they would wrap the entire car. I had an Indy car pretty much explode into a million pieces in front of me at Watkins Glen a few years ago. The first thing that popped into my head was if the car was wrapped, the carbon pieces wouldn't go flying everywhere.

I'm sure weight is an issue for them too. Wrapping the whole car could easily add 30+ pounds, if not more

a 24" roll by 120' of film only weighs maybe 20-22 lbs, so you are trying to say that they have over 120' of ppf on a f1 car.? :beer

Not to be a jerk but it is actually 19lbs and that is with the box and the core! Just an FYI!

:dunno thank you for the conformation

:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2

Archived