Problems with True black film

Had my first issues with the true black today on a G6.

On the back glass I could not get it to stick at the top over the ceramic lines for anything, might have been something with the glass but nothing was going to make it stick. Normally I just install the back glass and then pull down the matrix area and let dry completely before using a felt edge hard card to stick it down over the matrix...did that this time and it still wouldn't even try to stick. So I thought some heat on the outside, no help. Next I proceded to cut it off at the top matrix line and pulled the top piece and to my suprise even though it was dry it didn't even feel sticky...wtf...

So I put on another piece over the matrix completely dry and it even had a hard time sticking. I'm hoping this is just a issue with this particular car, otherwise I'm throwing in the towel on TB.

Then when I pulled it outside toward the bottom of the back glass looked to have more contamination than I like but upon further inspection it looked as though maybe I didn't get enough of the slip tack out with the blue max and it had formed tiny air pockets(maybe not but that's what it looked like). I know this sounds funny and maybe it was just a fluke but I never have this kind of trouble.

The adhesive just seems so weak on this stuff to me, I have also seen the blotchy issues on a few. I'm also wondering what it will look like after a year or so in the hot sun????

If Howard can get this stuff worked out I think this would be an amazing film for the $$$

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only cars that I have had problems with is the Mustangs at the top of the back glass, as much as I clean it I never can get it to stick. Other than that, I love TB and have been using a ton of it. Sometimes on the edges it wants to curl up on me, sometimes I just have the customer bring the car back in a few days letting it dry out and use a hard card to lay it down no problem.

Archived