removing glue from back glass

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest StreetSmartFX

I did a removal the other week and dusted off a gallon of WINDOW TINT GLUE REMOVER & GLASS CLEANER from my old detailing days. this stuff seemed to work well at dissolving the adhesive and allowed less scrubbing. the product is made by PRO.

Guest tint325i

autoglym intensive tar remover (300ml bottle) when you buy it in gallons its called autoglym tar and adhesive remover, dont know why they change the name but works brilliantly, never fails

(why does this thread have an angry face?? am I missing something?)

409 and castrol super clean can stain glass and damage plastic trim.

Ammonia works well but don't breath.

Simple anything (green, pink) works well. Soak it with a liner or a trashbag

30 minutes or so to ease the pain. :lol

Guest scottydosnntkno
Rapidremover works great, does not stain plastic, and smells like oranges.

you have to be careful with rapid remover though because its very strong, and you need to clean REALLY well the glass and all the edges afterwards

Guest tint325i

autoglym tar and glue remover is totally harmless to everything, ive had it all over cars and never damaged anything yet, I sometimes spray an entire car in it before I wash it, gets all the tar spots, road film and diesel stains off, you can use it to take stains out of seats as it wont stain most auto fabrics (recommended by autoglym, not listed on bottle but its on the data sheet handed out to the pro's) a few AG products have hidden uses, like 'vinyl and rubber care' gets flies off your bonnet, or heating bumpers up before applying 'bumper care', they make some good stuff

Archived