removing glue from back glass

Guest tman904
hey what solutions do you guys use for removing the glue off of back glass when u removed old film...? ive tryed a good degreaser but im still working my balls off scrubbing the hell outta it with ooo steel wool. theres gotta be something that softens the glue easier. tell me !

Yes! thats easy simple green softens that glue up perfect but don't use it on side windows glue gets on door seals lot labor cleaning that soft glue out very sticky! :thumb

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would steer away from anything that is harsh enough to "break down " the adhesive . If this is the case it can also break down the headliner /interior pieces . Don't be afraid to get in there and DO WORK . Steam the film off ( bag method ) then if any remaining adhesive is left behind get 000 steel wool or white teflon pad and earn your keep and save the possibility of damage to a customer vehicle .

Guest scottydosnntkno
I would steer away from anything that is harsh enough to "break down " the adhesive . If this is the case it can also break down the headliner /interior pieces . Don't be afraid to get in there and DO WORK . Steam the film off ( bag method ) then if any remaining adhesive is left behind get 000 steel wool or white teflon pad and earn your keep and save the possibility of damage to a customer vehicle .

:twocents using my steamer, I've had only a handful of back glass's where it left more than 10% of the glue on it. Then, just give it some steam and scrub away, no problems.

Guest GreenCove

sometimes sprayway works good at cutting adhesive, but not every time...I try to steam it all off at one time then scrub a little glue, or like sad before spray some shiz on the glass and bag it , that will soften the glue up but you better scrub fast before it dries

Archived