"ASWF" THOUGHT ON THE FILM?

twotint

They sent me a sample and it worked well. Its priced cheap enough. Worried about the long term failure. Didn't like the release liner and it had a lot of orange peel to it. Other then that it went through the plotter well and applied well. Just was curious if anyone has been using their new stuff they are putting together.

Guest scottydosnntkno

tried the excel and the performer. actually have the excel on my cars back glass I think. Was too lazy to pull it off afterwards

I too noticed the orange peel, and it felt extremely thin. Reminded me of supreme or carbon in its rubbery feel. Didn't shrink too bad, but not the best color

for the price, or cheaper, theres better films out there

Well I just got some "Illusion" FG one way film today and Im loving it. It's VLT is 7% which gives it a better one way look than the JWF sv-10 I have used in the past. It feels as thick as most JWF FG films. Im sure its partly due to the liner thickness like JWF but it helps with reverse rolling making it easier to work with. I am installing it tomorrow and will take some pics of the resulted look. I am looking forward to the dealer sample pack to check out the other FG films they sell. And yes, the prices are comparable to JWF.

Guest vclimber

That WFM article about them just blew me away. Reminded me of when you have an employee moonlighting behind your back and then one day he sets up a competing shop down the street. :lol:dunno

Guest scottydosnntkno

:dunno

like their expecting praise for opening up their own shop overnight? when they specifically said that they did everything they could to keep it a secret and not let anyone find out.

don't get me wrong, props to them for starting up the company they did, if they really DO make their own films, but still the situation surrounding it is not something I would consider right.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I used to use nothing but Suntek and tried a few rolls of the old ASWF and didn't like it as much as Suntek. Then they stopped selling Suntek and I tried the new ASWF and really thought it sucked. I gave my helper 3 20' sample rolls to use for side jobs because I didn't like it at all.

Chris contacted me too, just got my sample in today but even if it does work good I'm not so sure I would order from them. Just seems like a really shady company the more I hear about them. Funny thing is, not too long ago I got some Llumar info from Chris.

Archived