mobile advance needed

I own a shop and we have been in buisness for about 6 years now. I was thinking about starting to go mobile alot more now. I used to do this back a few years ago but I had big problems with the wind. Any tips or trick for working in the wind? I was thinking about getting a plotter and cutting jobs before I go to them so this would eliminate having to cut in the wind. Also do any of you guys use inverters or just generators? Id like to use an inverter so it would be quiet with an extra battery but im not sure how big of one I would need? thanks

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I do some mobile work, but my idea of mobile is doing onsite dealer work or an occasional job or two inside somebodies three car job. I have never or will never tint outside in the wind. It would just piss me off because I'm a perfectionist and wouldn't be able to leave somebodies car windows with dust particles and other stuff blowing in the wind.

I emphasize all ads stating that we Pick up and Deliver, and that lands alot of jobs. Maybe you should try that instead.

Guest scottydosnntkno
I do some mobile work, but my idea of mobile is doing onsite dealer work or an occasional job or two inside somebodies three car job. I have never or will never tint outside in the wind. It would just piss me off because I'm a perfectionist and wouldn't be able to leave somebodies car windows with dust particles and other stuff blowing in the wind.

I emphasize all ads stating that we Pick up and Deliver, and that lands alot of jobs. Maybe you should try that instead.

:lol when I did most of my "mobile" work, it HAD to be in the customers/my garage. Now, my only "mobile" sites are new car dealers and one large accessory shop who sends me 3-5 cars a week now that its getting warmer.

Guest MRRCGUY

I am using an inverter and deep cycle battery for power. I have a generator but did not want to deal with the noise and hassle of it. I will post pics of my set-up soon on the "Ultimate New Shop Advice Thread".

Guest Lee
I am using an inverter and deep cycle battery for power. I have a generator but did not want to deal with the noise and hassle of it. I will post pics of my set-up soon on the "Ultimate New Shop Advice Thread".

The battery can be hooked up using a single pole, 200 amp relay, that only comes on when the ignition is on, hence charging the battery while you are driving. When the vehicle is shut off, the relay closes and the connection between the first and second battery is broken. This will save you agony if you were to get a surge of power from either battery when the vehicle is off, and prevent you from draining both batteries. :lol2

Archived