Small Commercial job

Guest mikeMN

Guest mikeMN

Just got done with this one. We did this building back in the 70s and in the 80s as they added on to the building 2 times. So now R&R the whole job rather than just doing some of the windows as there was a lot of the windows that still looked fine. There were 137 total windows done and film used was 3M P-18 ARL.

p-18001-1.jpg

p-18002-1.jpg

p-18003.jpg

It probably sucked to have to move furniture/window treatments on all those windows, or worse if each window was in a different office....

It's the office to office thing with the all important someone messin' with your rythm every fourth office! :gasp

I usually just jump up on furniture when It's in the way. :lol2

Guest mikeMN
It probably sucked to have to move furniture/window treatments on all those windows, or worse if each window was in a different office....

It's the office to office thing with the all important someone messin' with your rythm every fourth office! imok.gif

I usually just jump up on furniture when It's in the way. :lol

Actually the job went really smooth I had them give me a floor plan of each floor with a contact name and # for each suite. And we set up camp in a vacant space plus we had our own bathroom :dunno:beer and there was 1 other vacant space we could use for down time waiting to get into occupied areas. There were just 2 different size windows 24 ½”x49 ½” and 24 ½”x55” so 50” wide film worked out great. All the windows had blinds but they were mounted far enough away from the glass as to not pose a problem and not in the way when pulled all the way up so I did not have to remove them. As far as desks in the way there were plenty of them I will just throw a tarp over everything and put 1 foot on the desk and the other on a 2ft ladder.

Here is a pic of the worst of the old film removed and almost 40 years old.

000000-1.jpg

Archived