Ticket with exemption

Guest EXTREME

Guest Darknesswithin

well it looks to me,"if I read it right" MS does not allow anything darker for medical exempt than what they allow for regular state regulations.. in my past experience with FL,TN,NC,SC,VA,W VA, PA,GA, if it's not written in the statue it's Not allowed period.... No it does not make sence ,,, then again thats how they write the laws, in hopes that we are not smart enough to find the right words expressed in the state laws..

your either going to get away with it or someone is going to know something that's not written for us to see and your going to pay out the big fines....

good luck on that one,, PLEASE keep up to date on this,,,

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not an Attorney either, but my 2 cents on this would be along the lines of parking in a Handicap spot when the person who IS handicapped is not with you.

Could be they are similar worded with the exempt for the film as well ? No idea where to find that law to compare, but that might be how they intend to prosecute the case....

Guest Lee

ask the officer if they verified the Tint meter before he used it with the provided testing pieces to ensure proper VLT reading, and if he can verify that he actually tested or calibrated the meter before he tested your windows. If he can not provide written documentation that the meter was actaully calibrated, then the case will be dismissed.

I'm not an Attorney either, but my 2 cents on this would be along the lines of parking in a Handicap spot when the person who IS handicapped is not with you.

Could be they are similar worded with the exempt for the film as well ? No idea where to find that law to compare, but that might be how they intend to prosecute the case....

you don't make sense here. it's not like he can take the tint off if his dad is not with him. if all the cars he has registered have tint then it is not like he is doing it to take advantage for his son.

ask the officer if they verified the Tint meter before he used it with the provided testing pieces to ensure proper VLT reading, and if he can verify that he actually tested or calibrated the meter before he tested your windows. If he can not provide written documentation that the meter was actaully calibrated, then the case will be dismissed.

how exactly do you go about doing this? I got a window tint ticket on June 30th, 2010. My court date is on Wednesday of next week, September 22, 2010. The officer wrote me a ticket for "Window Glazing Violation (Tinted Windows) 40-8-73.1 ~ He also noted "Remarks 4% FRONT DRIVER"

How do i go about asking the officer or presenting this argument when i go to court. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ~ Matt ~ Atlanta

how exactly do you go about doing this? I got a window tint ticket on June 30th, 2010. My court date is on Wednesday of next week, September 22, 2010. The officer wrote me a ticket for "Window Glazing Violation (Tinted Windows) 40-8-73.1 ~ He also noted "Remarks 4% FRONT DRIVER"

How do i go about asking the officer or presenting this argument when i go to court. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ~ Matt ~ Atlanta

:lol2 What do you have for tint on your car???

Hey Darknesswithin,

where do u see in the medical exempt statut that it has a limit? If you read it there is nowhere it states a specific darkness

316.29545 Window sunscreening exclusions; medical exemption; certain law enforcement vehicles exempt.--

(1) The department shall issue medical exemption certificates to persons who are afflicted with Lupus or similar medical conditions which require a limited exposure to light, which certificates shall entitle the person to whom the certificate is issued to have sunscreening material on the windshield, side windows, and windows behind the driver which is in violation of the requirements of ss. 316.2951-316.2957. The department shall provide, by rule, for the form of the medical certificate authorized by this section. At a minimum, the medical exemption certificate shall include a vehicle description with the make, model, year, vehicle identification number, medical exemption decal number issued for the vehicle, and the name of the person or persons who are the registered owners of the vehicle. A medical exemption certificate shall be nontransferable and shall become null and void upon the sale or transfer of the vehicle identified on the certificate.

(2) The department shall exempt all law enforcement vehicles used in undercover or canine operations from the window sunscreening requirements of ss. 316.2951-316.2957.

(3) The department may charge a fee in an amount sufficient to defray the expenses of issuing a medical exemption certificate as described in subsection (1).

i read thru ms's law and in them it doenst say a maximum darkness, it just says you can have darker film. So without a % you can paint them by law. not that you would want to. and as far as the law states in that state that they can be a regular passenger in the vehicle (doesnt even have to be regersted in their name) just has to have the Cert, displayed in the windsheild that that vehicle is exempt. That means that if you drive you dad around that you cant be ticketed, and it doesnt state that they have to be in the vehicle, it just states that that vehicle is exempt, So you should be good!

(4) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (2) of this section, it shall be lawful for any person who has been diagnosed by a licensed physician in this state as having a physical condition or disease which is seriously aggravated by minimum exposure to sunlight to place or have placed upon the windshield or windows of any motor vehicle which he owns or operates or within which he regularly travels as a passenger tinted film or other darkening material which would otherwise be in violation of this section. However, any such vehicle, in order to be exempt under this subsection, shall have prominently displayed on the vehicle dashboard a certificate of medical exemption on a form prepared by the Commissioner of Public Safety and signed by the person on whose behalf the certificate is issued. The special certificate authorized by this subsection (4) shall be issued free of charge to the applicants through the offices of the tax collectors of the counties. Each applicant shall present to the issuing official (a) an affidavit signed personally by the applicant and signed and attested by a physician which states the applicant's physical condition or disease which entitles him to an exemption under this subsection, and (b) proof of ownership of the motor vehicle by the applicant, or a signed affidavit by the owner of a motor vehicle operated for the use of the applicant, for which he is obtaining the certificate.

Archived