Defroster glare solution?

Guest sunscream

Guest tint325i
OMG, you are going to get the tint stipped off, wire wooled and retinted to see if it helps!!!, As I say to EVERY customer if you are looking for fault and trying to find something wrong then you will, Glad its not me facing you :lol:lol

its just as well its a 4 door and not a 2, could imagine the nightmare with the top matrix coupled with light refraction issues could send a man over the edge!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintjam65

Like it's been said, refraction, slope of glass, film tenting height over defrost line and density of solar component deposition used in film (Ceramic or metal).

Why settle when there could be solutions?

Big difference between finding a solution, acceptance of expert opinion and a god-complex. :lol

Guest sunscream

If I had bought any other car and had the same problem, I would still be asking. Has nothing to do with BMW. I've had a 4runner for 13 years until someone in a Dodge Ram ran a redlight and t-boned me which is why I bought a new car this year. And that's why I'm asking if there's a solution because I have pretty much no experience with newer cars much less sedans/coupes.

take take is personal Khaaan, there just seems to be a common denominator with picky end users in the window film industry and its BMW owners beer.gif

Its a nice ride, you want it looking right I understand where you are coming from... Like Diamond said if you are seeking a fault you will find one. So long as the install is clean, the car looks good and you are satisfied with the service you will just have to accept this minor change that comes with a film installation.

Guest Scottsfire
take take is personal Khaaan, there just seems to be a common denominator with picky end users in the window film industry and its BMW owners :embar

Its a nice ride, you want it looking right I understand where you are coming from... Like Diamond said if you are seeking a fault you will find one. So long as the install is clean, the car looks good and you are satisfied with the service you will just have to accept this minor change that comes with a film installation.

Well said!

Guest sunscream
Stop looking at the rear window and start looking through it like you did before it was tinted and your problem will be gone.

Oh gee, why didn't I think of that? :coffee

Guest tint325i
Stop looking at the rear window and start looking through it like you did before it was tinted and your problem will be gone.

Oh gee, why didn't I think of that? :coffee

it sounds stupid but its true, my van has a heated windscreen, with all the wavy lines running down it, I found it really distracting to start with, found myself looking at the screen instead of thru it for a long time, you get used to it soon enough tho and after a month or so you dont even think about it anymore, great in the winter to!! point is you'll get used to it and after a while you wont even think about it, enjoy the benefits and stop focusing on a minor unavoidable problem that isnt really a problem,

as I have said I tint alot of bmws, I tint with one of the thickest films on the market and unless there is something significantly different about your heater lines than any other bmw then I know exactly what your rear glass looks like, I really think you need to let this one go, its really the angle of the screen thats the problem not the thickness of the lines, the screen seems to be at the optimum angle in a bmw to highlight this problem and even the thinnest flattest lines will show to their full extent, thick heaterlines are definately not the problem, look at the writing in the bottom corner of the glass and you'll see its made by pilkington - pretty much the rolls royce of glass, that heater element is of the best quality available, not the cheap crap thats in chrystlers and hyundais, steel wool may make a 1% difference but not the significant improvement it makes on cheaper auto glass

Archived