2010 Berlingo window fixing removal??

Guest shadowline

Guest shadowline

Right Guys 2010 Citreon Berlingo as pictured below;

DSC00262.jpg

Rear screen fine, boot quarters fine. The window in the sliding door is the problem!! The 2 front fixings which dont need to come out to tint are the standard torx fixings, the heads are on show no problem. The single rear fixing like a saxo etc needs to come out to cut the whole for the tint, but there is no screw that I can see to undo, doesent seem to have a captive cover on the screw head??? The bracket/hinge is screwed to the side of the vehicle with 2 torx screws that are not covered!!, but cant see how to get the fixing out from the glass, which it must as I sure a replacement glass dosent have a fixing attached!! I spoke with the owner as I didnt want to splice the tint around the fixing and will find out how to get it out?? Anyone done one..........

(tint dude feel free to move this to the Citreon section if I get an answer, posted here as im sure we have more of these in euroland than over there!!)

havnt done one yet ,but try knocking out a pin on the swivel joint , that will seperate the glass form the body, then it will more likely be the same as a ford ka, grip the outside 'button' with a pair of mole grips , and turn the inside fixing, ive seen that sort of opening on a citroen nemo van conversion, comes from the same factory probally.

Guest shadowline

Cheers Matty, funny you say that, I was saying to the owner that im not sure if you take off the fixing from the body, hold the outside with grips, and twist, if its on an internal screw,but I havent seen that before?? Then you suggesst that!! That would be a bitch to put back without "twisting the film"!! Cheers Matty will look into that mate

As Matty said, will be a pin, or hold in a vice and swivvel like the KA's

Just cut around the hole, heat file, and then let it set before you put it back in, could maybe put felt on the tint, and the plastic to reduce friction...

Done a few of these and not worked out as yet how to remove the rear catch from the glass. I have cut a hole in the film and a splice at the rear, after fitting tint no matter how good your cut is you still see a light gap around the screw and a fine line where its spliced at the rear, I cut some black vinyl in the plotter, 24mm hole with 24mm circle of vinyl and place it on the outside and it looks ok.

Would prefer to remove as you said and treat like the saxo idea, if I work it out I'll let you know.

Bob

Took us a while to figure this out but the catch can be removed. Although it looks like a solid piece of plastic there is a cap that when removed reveals the screw. We use a very small drill bit and drill a hole in the centre of the plastic cap then screw a small screw into the hole you've just drilled, pull on the screw and the small round cover comes out, unscrew and tint. Youll never notice the tiny hole left in the cap, we've tinted lots of these for the dealer and customers and never had a problem.

Hope this makes sense.

Took us a while to figure this out but the catch can be removed. Although it looks like a solid piece of plastic there is a cap that when removed reveals the screw. We use a very small drill bit and drill a hole in the centre of the plastic cap then screw a small screw into the hole you've just drilled, pull on the screw and the small round cover comes out, unscrew and tint. Youll never notice the tiny hole left in the cap, we've tinted lots of these for the dealer and customers and never had a problem.

Hope this makes sense.

Well done that man, that should make life a bit easier, getting more and more of these to do.

Thanks

Bob

Guest shadowline

Hope this makes sense.

Thats good info, will try in the morning that method.......where are you located then Ferris by the way?

Guest shadowline

Right just to update, only got this back today. Just to confim the dealer could not tell me how it was undone, Autoglass wernt sure as they havent had to replace a window on this new style. As Ferris said the fixing where the hinge is has a cover, but the tabs are deep set so the round cover cant be prised out. Use a 1.5mm drill bit small hole in the center of the plastic circle trim, then screw a small screw in the hole and pull the cover out. Torx bit to undo as per normal. The customer watched as I drilled the hole and agreed that even knowing that I had made a small hole in the cover/plug he wouldnt ever had seen it. Cake when you know how! Cheers hope that helps someone out, the guys at Autoglass were pleased at the heads up aswell!! Thank you Ferris!!

Archived