Just got EWF samples....wheres the 5%?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mo Evo

I made the switch to TB and for the most part, I love it. When dry shrinking a back glass, I start by spreading the larger fingers by hand then hitting them with heat and using a hard card to get it down on the edges. I don't know if it's just the inherrant static, but the film really clings to a Bounce swept dry glass and spreading the big fingers before hitting it with a heat gun reminds me of wet shrinking. Beware of thin pointy fingers as they tend to burn nearer the edges. Overall, I'm very pleased with all my vehicles outcomes.

Guest gabe
I made the switch to TB and for the most part, I love it. When dry shrinking a back glass, I start by spreading the larger fingers by hand then hitting them with heat and using a hard card to get it down on the edges. I don't know if it's just the inherrant static, but the film really clings to a Bounce swept dry glass and spreading the big fingers before hitting it with a heat gun reminds me of wet shrinking. Beware of thin pointy fingers as they tend to burn nearer the edges. Overall, I'm very pleased with all my vehicles outcomes.

I would use a bar of soap instead of dryer sheets :)

Guest Mo Evo

I would use a bar of soap instead of dryer sheets :dunno

What kind of soap do you suggest? I've been using the dryer sheets with great success and have seen no reason to switch, but I'm always game to try something new.

The first time I shrank a back glass, I divided the fingers, which I think made it harder and did remind me of wet shrinking. I just did another one and this time I didnt divide the fingers and I applied more heat, moving the gun slower and the film shrank awesome. This film can really take some heat and definatley needs a powerful heat gun. I have chicago heat gun, which I think puts out more heat/air than my old wagner.

Guest Crackz

the best ones we use is the red miwalkies and the craftsman pros they work awesome ....yeah you can heat the hell out of ewf films they love the heat

Guest scottydosnntkno
The first time I shrank a back glass, I divided the fingers, which I think made it harder and did remind me of wet shrinking. I just did another one and this time I didnt divide the fingers and I applied more heat, moving the gun slower and the film shrank awesome. This film can really take some heat and definatley needs a powerful heat gun. I have chicago heat gun, which I think puts out more heat/air than my old wagner.

try a red milwaukee, it'll make that chicago one look like a toy. The cheapo wagner is a piece, and the chicago is a step up I'll give you that. But use a big red, and you'll never go back.

Archived