Have you tried SunTek films?

Guest wendymd1979

Have you tried SunTek films? Im sure you would be pleasantly surprised by what we have to offer. Excellent film, excellent warranty, and awesome customer service.

Winnnnddddy :twocents why don't you get Steve to just do some sponsoring on TD to sell film?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you tried SunTek films? Im sure you would be pleasantly surprised by what we have to offer. Excellent film, excellent warranty, and awesome customer service.

Winnnnddddy :lol2 why don't you get Steve to just do some sponsoring on TD to sell film?

Click on the Euro forum, looks like they do

Winnnnddddy :gay why don't you get Steve to just do some sponsoring on TD to sell film?

Click on the Euro forum, looks like they do

Thanks for the heads up Tim :lol2 I think it's great they are supporting the forum :spit

Cheers

Stan

BTW can't wait to try some of the new Galaxy

Guest Gunner

I just recently switched to SunTek films, I like the Carbon XP Series, seems to work really well...I dont however like the way their rolls come rolled with the clear side up, because I do use Film Design to cut out my patterns and that plays havoc on my plotter, Im curious has anyone else had this problem? What I did was take a empty tint roll and roll the new roll on to it, its pretty retarded but I cant figure out how else to do it..just so you know what im talking about is: I.e. when I load the tint into my plotter it sticks to itself because of the static in the film, so when the plotter goes to register the media it yanks on the film and causes it to pull off the laser a bit and make the plotter think theres nothing in it..let me know if you have an alternative solution to my problem

Thanks

GUNNER

sounds like you got static issues bro, try installing some copper brushes on your plotter or get a copper garland and drape it over the film. You want liner out for auto whether your hand cutting or running through a plotter, trust me. I know when I pull llumar or film wound with the liner in through my fc series graphtec it pulls the roll of film of the roller bars creating a mess.....plus it rolls off the glass :thumb

I just recently switched to SunTek films, I like the Carbon XP Series, seems to work really well...I dont however like the way their rolls come rolled with the clear side up, because I do use Film Design to cut out my patterns and that plays havoc on my plotter, Im curious has anyone else had this problem? What I did was take a empty tint roll and roll the new roll on to it, its pretty retarded but I cant figure out how else to do it..just so you know what im talking about is: I.e. when I load the tint into my plotter it sticks to itself because of the static in the film, so when the plotter goes to register the media it yanks on the film and causes it to pull off the laser a bit and make the plotter think theres nothing in it..let me know if you have an alternative solution to my problem

Thanks

GUNNER

Were you useing a sample roll, because they have more static from being cut down and wound again. I've seen a coulple of films do that to me, mostly on Llumar ATC. Other then that Suntek goes through my plotter just fine (roland). Not sure which plotter you have but I moved my rollers as close to the center as possible and it took care of the static problems I was having.

Archived