NANO FEEDBACK

Guest Pro-tectFilmMelissa

Looks and sounds interesting. I looked at the site the other day. For the warranty the site mentions that labor is included but the card says otherwise - or so it seems.
If Avery Dennison determines that the Product has been damaged due to

failure to follow Avery Dennison’s application or recommended maintenance procedures, Avery Dennison

WILL NOT reimburse the authorized Avery Dennison installer. Avery Dennison’s sole obligation under this

warranty shall be the replacement of the defective film, and in no event shall Avery Dennison’s liability

exceed the purchase price of the film.

Sounds like some major limitations if you ask me.

A lifetime warranty may be a plus in the mind of the consumer, but it is a major negative for the installer, especially given the language of we may not back our product at all leaving you on the hook. Sorry if it is cynical, but all film manufactures HAVE to back the product in full. That means if the product fails - ie turns yellow or a dull gray - the company that manufactured the product in the first place should take care of the removal, reproduction of the patterned kit as applicable, the necessary material, and re-application. Anything less is not a warranty.

If I didn't manufacture the material why should I have any warranty exposure at all?

The first paragraph it states, "The film is warranted to be free from defects in manufacturing and workmanship and against peeling, yellowing, bubbling or cracking of the film from UV exposure for so long as the original purchaser owns and operates the vehicle on which the Product is installed." There are absolutely no "buts" about that! They go on to state that it will not protect against a bad install and that is not our issue. Avery is very fair and even too fair in a couple situations where I did not believe it was failure of the film but they replaced the film anyways.

Avery is only a film company not a kit company and you have the freedom to use whatever patterns you want with the Avery film. I think this is an advantage. I think that the only people who are going to have an issue with the warranty are people who do not have sound business ethics, I think that the warranty is very fair and I do not believe that Avery is not going to back their product if need be. However I am not expecting a ton of warranty claims anyways this film is meeting and exceeding all expectations. As you can see there has not be a negative comment yet and if there was something seriously wrong with this film the installers in this industry would be letting everyone know it. It is like they live for it. I believe that for most of the people I talk to installing PPF is not just something you do, it is something you ARE!

Avery is a stand up company and I am proud to be a distributor of Avery Dennison film. When Avery was creating this new product they came to me and asked what the feedback was that I got from the people I had sent samples of the old Top-Coated film to and one of the main concerns that I heard was the "orange-peel", also that we needed a film that was going to stand up over time and not discolor in the long run. I feel Avery took that information and then NANO-FUSION film was born.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly. I am always happy to discuss any concerns you may have.

Happy Installing :thumb

P.S. I always joke that this is not a "you do not ever have to wash your car again film" lol Recommended maintenance is consistent with the vehicles manufacturer care instructions.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sidewinder

I have heard good initial feedback on it too. So no worries there.

If Avery Dennison determines that the Product has been damaged due to.... recommended maintenance procedures, Avery Dennison

WILL NOT reimburse the authorized Avery Dennison installer.

And yes that can also be read, you didn't maintain it adequately so we are not going to take care of it. I am sure Avery has done a stand up job thus far, it is more of a long term concern given its lifetime warranty. It is likely that the current new cars are going to be kept significantly longer than in the past given what is likely on a macro economic front. This means more risk for everybody.

You didn't mention the labor for the removal and reapplication. The warranty card (aimed at the consumer) doesn't mention it, it only states that the liability is only for the raw material itself.

I have heard good initial feedback on it too. So no worries there.
If Avery Dennison determines that the Product has been damaged due to.... recommended maintenance procedures, Avery Dennison

WILL NOT reimburse the authorized Avery Dennison installer.

And yes that can also be read, you didn't maintain it adequately so we are not going to take care of it. I am sure Avery has done a stand up job thus far, it is more of a long term concern given its lifetime warranty. It is likely that the current new cars are going to be kept significantly longer than in the past given what is likely on a macro economic front. This means more risk for everybody.

You didn't mention the labor for the removal and reapplication. The warranty card (aimed at the consumer) doesn't mention it, it only states that the liability is only for the raw material itself.

Sidewinder-

The warranty card is not going to tell the customer the amount the installer is going to be paid to remove and replace the film if for some reason there is a claim processed for the vehicle. Similar to if the customer took the car to the dealership to have something repaired or replaced that was under warranty they would not tell the customer what the dealership was paid to repair the vehicle. There is a paid labor component and I am not going to post it on TintDude but if you would like to contact me directly I would be willing to email you a copy of the document.

Bababooey-

Thank you for your comment, this too has been my experience with an Avery warranty claim as well!

Guest Sunlimited

Melissa, I'd like to try it out. I have a 2010 Audi s4 for a full hood, and bumper cover. Please pm me with whatever info you need, and pricing.

Looks and sounds interesting. I looked at the site the other day. For the warranty the site mentions that labor is included but the card says otherwise - or so it seems.

failure to follow Avery Dennison’s application or recommended maintenance procedures, Avery Dennison

WILL NOT reimburse the authorized Avery Dennison installer. Avery Dennison’s sole obligation under this

warranty shall be the replacement of the defective film, and in no event shall Avery Dennison’s liability

A lifetime warranty may be a plus in the mind of the consumer, but it is a major negative for the installer, especially given the language of we may not back our product at all leaving you on the hook. Sorry if it is cynical, but all film manufactures HAVE to back the product in full. That means if the product fails - ie turns yellow or a dull gray - the company that manufactured the product in the first place should take care of the removal, reproduction of the patterned kit as applicable, the necessary material, and re-application. Anything less is not a warranty.

If I didn't manufacture the material why should I have any warranty exposure at all?

As you can see there has not be a negative comment yet and if there was something seriously wrong with this film the installers in this industry would be letting everyone know it.

Okay. Since you don't have one yet, I'll step up...

I hate this stuff...It SUCKS!!!

There. Happy??

Just Joking :lol:lol2:lol:poke :poke

Actually it is good stuff.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

As you can see there has not be a negative comment yet and if there was something seriously wrong with this film the installers in this industry would be letting everyone know it.

Okay. Since you don't have one yet, I'll step up...

I hate this stuff...It SUCKS!!!

There. Happy??

Just Joking :thumb:beer:nope:beer:nope

Actually it is good stuff.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

I knew I could count on you to be a trouble maker!

That is what I like about you! LOL

Guest vwbeck

We like the Nano-Fusion, even on black cars.

Just did this Porsche the other day and it came out great with the Nano.

011-1273166791.jpg

010-1273166982.jpg

So far everything is GOOD.

We like the Nano-Fusion, even on black cars.

Just did this Porsche the other day and it came out great with the Nano.

011-1273166791.jpg

010-1273166982.jpg

So far everything is GOOD.

Hey Booms, he coulda cut himself there......do we need to run an ambulance out to him and give him a purple heart :thumb

Archived