NANO FEEDBACK

Guest Pro-tectFilmMelissa

Got saved by this film yesterday. Poor prep that I assumed was done before I got there left a piece of sap on the hood about 5 in from the bottom of the hood. I found this after 30 min after I finished and wrapped the edges with edge prep. I took my steamer, heated it up, pulled a pocket of film up, stuck a chop stick in, picked it out, and slammed it down with no lift lines! But here's the good part- The edge prep ripped off a chunk of adhesive 1/2 into the hood! I picked the film back up, heated it, stretched the crap out of it so the flaw hung off the edge, slammed it down, NO LIFT LINE OR STRETCH MARKS!!!!!!! I wound up trimming the wrapped edges but other than that, it saved me cutting another hood and an hour drive.

BTW, anybody who is serious about PPF needs to get on the DAP. One of the nice new features is extending any surface. On the bumper, I wrapped film into the wheel wells, top of the bumper, and lower intakes. You could not even tell film was done on the bumper.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pro-tectFilmMelissa
Got saved by this film yesterday. Poor prep that I assumed was done before I got there left a piece of sap on the hood about 5 in from the bottom of the hood. I found this after 30 min after I finished and wrapped the edges with edge prep. I took my steamer, heated it up, pulled a pocket of film up, stuck a chop stick in, picked it out, and slammed it down with no lift lines! But here's the good part- The edge prep ripped off a chunk of adhesive 1/2 into the hood! I picked the film back up, heated it, stretched the crap out of it so the flaw hung off the edge, slammed it down, NO LIFT LINE OR STRETCH MARKS!!!!!!! I wound up trimming the wrapped edges but other than that, it saved me cutting another hood and an hour drive.

BTW, anybody who is serious about PPF needs to get on the DAP. One of the nice new features is extending any surface. On the bumper, I wrapped film into the wheel wells, top of the bumper, and lower intakes. You could not even tell film was done on the bumper.

WOW that is great feedback!

Happy Installing :nono

Guest drew675

what is this film comparable to? feel wise? does it stretch and adhere like clearshield or venture shied? I do 5+ hoods and bumper kits a day and am always willing to try new film. I just really didnt like the way the venture shield layed down.

sorry, is there a canadian distributor?

I've got to say I'm REALLY pissed right now. Because the film's backing is plastic, it slides all over the plotter. I just wadded up over $100 worth of film because of it. I'm seriously considering switching back to 3M now if this is going to happen. The film might suck but I've never wadded a kit of because it slid on the plotter.

I've got to say I'm REALLY pissed right now. Because the film's backing is plastic, it slides all over the plotter. I just wadded up over $100 worth of film because of it. I'm seriously considering switching back to 3M now if this is going to happen. The film might suck but I've never wadded a kit of because it slid on the plotter.

UH that could be a big problem, but hopefully fixable

They were fine. I've cut almost 2 rolls with out a big problem. It has slid around a bit before but that was maybe a 1/16in. I've been warned about it sliding but this moved around at least a foot! Hopefully this guy understands because I had to put off his full hood since 60in isn't out yet and I only bought enough 30in to do the fenders. I've got a length of 48in for doing Mini full hoods but I'm honestly afraid to put it in the plotter now.

I really hope they come out with another version with paper backing even if it means more orange peel.

Lighten up on your pressure setting maybe. The film walks on me too if I'm not careful and don't babysit each cut. The wider the film the less it walks, I guess since it weighs more it takes more to move it than the narrower film. Throw that 48 up on the plotter and just keep your eye on it, I double stack bumpers along with all those extra bit on that size film without wasting any product. The only film I miscut was the first piece I plotted.

I slapped an 18in kit on the guys car to keep it protected in the meantime. Hopefully we get 60in soon because he want's his entire hood done. I'll pick up a full roll of 30 next week since I'd like to wrap my front end also.

Just to show I"m not bash happy, I've had 2 customers and a body shop notice the film looked better with out me even telling them what I was installing. One has identical RS4's and you could easily tell which one had nano on it....because you couldn't see anything. The car I did today was a metalic black 750 and I did a Zymol detail on it as well. The film really let the metallic pop through the film.

Guest oasisglatint

I did this car just yesterday

photo-31.jpg

Here's the finished product

photo-32.jpg

Looked great, handled great......... I really like it!!!

:D

Archived