suntek std pro

Guest GreenCove

Guest Darknesswithin
dude dont be hatin on the gila you know that sheets the bomb :hump j/k ....thanks for the reply . I use llumar and I am very happy with it...I just tried a sample of the std pro and it feels like a good film...I just dont trust the color because they dont warranty it for fading or color change...I was just curious if it turned funky purple or just lightened up....I would never use reg. standard even if they gave it to me....I do like the infinity though...very nice looking film!

and your trusting LuLu on color change and color fade,., mmmm let me go look up the several threads that this subject has been in,, seems to me like someone said LuLu has never had a color change/fade film untill recently (excluding the PP) ,,, anyway, I'm glad you like LuLu ,, someone's gotta use it. :hmmm , everytime I post a purple LuLu film failure<<< and I've posted alot of those already.... someone speaks up and says LuLu don't do that (purple,fade,shifting,bubbling) ,, doesn't matter what someone argues the facts.,. I just won't stand quietly when someone says otherwise..

if I had to guess on what the Suntek is going to do,, it would have to be similar charastics of LuLu because of there trading of materials,, I do like the film though, it shrinks as easy as butter and it looks great on the car....

I have Not had any issues with the Carbon series yet and I just started using the Xp series seems a little better made.... the OP is my second favorite Metalized film right now!......

it was Dec 08 when I recieved my first sample of Std Pro<<<< sorry for the date being way off,., time just slips away from ya every now and then., it's the Carbon I've had for the longest on a car from Suntek

I know it seems I'm bustin' ya, biut...

Standard Pro for 3 years on bros'car? Were you their test man ? I'm trying to give you an out cause it ain't been available nearly that long.

You guys running the Carbon XP - run the Prestigous number letter test on it. (you know, scotch tape to sr suface and give it a yank). What happens? :beer

Infiniti - fine metallized film. :spit

No worries :hmmm ,, I actually thought about it after and had to dig up the paper work on it,,, I used it Dec 08 and started buying it in Jan 09..

I have no problem admitting my wrong .,. sorry about that! .. anyone can feel free to call me out on something I say if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.... I just got mixed up on the films,., I did have a friend that was using it for a few months before I decided to try it(stdpro) ,, it seemd to being working fine for him at the time,., I like it as well..

Guest tintjam65
and your trusting LuLu on color change and color fade,., mmmm let me go look up the several threads that this subject has been in,, seems to me like someone said LuLu has never had a color change/fade film untill recently (excluding the PP) ,,, anyway, I'm glad you like LuLu ,, someone's gotta use it. :beer , everytime I post a purple LuLu film failure<<< and I've posted alot of those already.... someone speaks up and says LuLu don't do that (purple,fade,shifting,bubbling) ,, doesn't matter what someone argues the facts.,. I just won't stand quietly when someone says otherwise..

You know, I have read all those threads and find one common denominator running through them. They seem to be caught up in past LLumar products as if it were today or yesterday. By comparison, it would be like talking down present day SunGard film because of the old Sungarb dye running out of the adhesive way back when.

Fast forward to today's color stable technology and all that can be said in truth about LLumar turns purple is if you are buying and installing their economy lines, Jet or Basic Black (White box). And not to mention, every dyed film out there turned purple before pigmented polyester and color stable dyes.

Today, from what I see in LLumar's wording, they warrant color (except with Jet & Basic Black) but they do not warrant fading (except in Platinum Plus). Also, no manny should be to blame if I chose to warranty a customers (purple) film because I may have presumed in error that it was covered. :spit

Edit back to topic: I do not like the way Std Pro shrinks.

Guest tintjam65
You guys running the Carbon XP - run the Prestigous number letter test on it. (you know, scotch tape to sr suface and give it a yank). What happens? :spit

It will look like that other film in the thread where were guessing its N Florida and whose film.

:hmmm:beer

Guest GreenCove

yea I have had no probs with llumar atr,at, or atc turning purple....I have seen many of my jobs that have been on there for many years and the color still looks great, my wifes car has atr15 over 5 years it looks the same as day one...I have only seen 1 or 2 back windows fail that were atr and that was from a lincoln LS I did around 01 or 02 with atr20....cant remember the other, anyway for me personally I have had really good luck with llumar..

Archived